SNA is looking for a Biologist (e.g., molecular biology, immunology, virology) based in Charlottesville, VA. SNA International’s team works together in pursuit of the same cause, to build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics and identity intelligence.
SNA International (SNA), a vibrant growing company based in Alexandria, VA, is a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence services. With a staff of over 240 scientists and business professionals, SNA creates innovative, cost-effective, and reliable forensic and biometric solutions guaranteed to work in the real world. SNA's staff support high visibility forensic human identification operations, including staffing some of the largest federal forensic laboratories in the US. For the last two years, SNA made the annual Inc. 500 list, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. In 2020 SNA moved up on the list and is currently ranked number 150. SNA is the ninth fastest-growing government contractor.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Duties may be executed inside continental United States (CONUS) or outside continental United States (OCONUS) laboratories and include performing analyses of samples that have been collected
- Define new methods to support expansion of laboratory capabilities and improve/solve existing method deficiencies
- Assist in developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Review, evaluate, and analyze data from samples and provide database entry support
- Perform equipment/instrument maintenance
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and perform biological sample analysis using applicable laboratory instrumentation and techniques required to identify attribution signatures (i.e., Immunoassays, Real Time PCR, Pyrosequencers, and Genetic Sequencers (including next generation sequencing [NGS])
- Utilize tools and techniques such as basic microbiology, bioinformatics databases, meta-genomic analytical tools, and traditional microscopy
- Experience and use of techniques for biological data analysis and interpretation
- Document examination results/findings in the required Laboratory Information System(s) and databases
- Annotate the file documentation, detailing the processing techniques and the examination results
- Perform administrative and/or technical reviews of files, reports, data, etc.
- Ensure a proper chain of custody for all evidence and samples is maintained
- Maintain a clean laboratory and personal workspace environment, in accordance with laboratory procedures
- Assist in development and execution of test plans, validations, and method development
- Must possess, at a minimum, intermediate computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project and Outlook
- A Bachelor's degree with 5 years directly relatable experience in the discipline
- 2 years of experience working in the IC environment
- Must be able to successfully pass all medical requirements for deployment, as needed
- Experience working in a forensic or biological laboratory
- Eligible for DoD Secret security clearance
- U.S. citizenship
- Eligible for both US Tourist Passport and US Official Passport
- An active DoD security clearance – Secret w/ SCI eligibility or TS/SCI
- Deployment experience in an Analytical/Operational environment
Please submit a cover letter along with your CV. CVs without a cover letter will not be considered.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.