Sheet Metal Technician
SKYSERVICE BUSINESS AVIATION
Skyservice is a North American leader in business aviation. Built on the key principles of safety and service excellence, we provide a full service experience from Aircraft Management, Aircraft Charter, Maintenance and Aircraft sales from our Fixed Base Operations that span Canada and the western United States. People and values are the inseparable assets that drive our dedication to Quality, Safety, Respect, Commitment and Efficiency. These are the core values that guide us every day and help build our reputation as leaders in aviation services. Skyservice is a team dedicated to supporting and developing our employees. If you want to grow your career and broaden your experience, then Skyservice is the right team for you.
The Structure or Sheet Metal Technician works as part of a maintenance crew tasked with repairing and implementing structural and body enhancements to an aircraft for which the crew is rated to work on. The job calls for conducting structure repair and modification, and fabricating sheet metals for replacing worn aircraft body parts and flight control surfaces.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repair, replace & rebuild aircraft structures (i.e. wings and fuselage) of varying degrees of difficulty, using hand tools, power tools, machines and equipment (i.e. shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun and drills);
- Apply required expertise in conducting structural repairs & modifications and apply comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems;
- Read and interpret manufacturers' & airline's maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components;
- Perform damage assessment for engineering;
- Work closely with the team leader to ensure that the work is performed according to schedule;
- Ensure that the work is performed according to the quality standards, policies and procedures of Skyservice and the applicable regulations (Transport Canada, etc.);
- Order parts and supplies;
- Apply technical knowledge of airframe components;
- Perform line maintenance inspection during night shift;
- Assist AME for all line maintenance operation including aircraft brake ride;
- Perform line maintenance when no structural work available.
- Valid Transport Canada S licence;
- Five (5) years of experience as a sheet metal;
- Experience related to aircraft is an asset;
- Valid AVOP (D\A or D) and radio license;
- M license considered an asset;
- Knowledge of operating a welding and brazing equipment is an asset;
- Ability to work under pressure and adapts quickly to change and flexible work shifts;
- Must always be conscious of safety in any procedure and detail-oriented;
- Must demonstrate good communications and interpersonal skills as the work requires working in a team
- Completed Structure or Sheet Metal program or equivalent.
Skyservice is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties.
If for any reason you cannot apply through our job board, please contact a member of our Human Resources team for special accommodation.