Facility Maintenance Coordinator
SKYSERVICE BUSINESS AVIATION
Skyservice is Canada’s leader in business aviation. Built on the key principles of safety and service, we provide a full service experience from Aircraft Management, Aircraft Charter, Maintenance and Aircraft sales from our Fixed Base Operations in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa and Calgary. People and values are the inseparable assets that drive our dedication to Quality, Safety, Respect, Commitment and Efficiency. These are the core values that guide us every day and help build our reputation as leaders in aviation services. Skyservice is a team dedicated to supporting and developing our employees. If you want to grow your career and broaden your experience, then Skyservice is the right team for you.
The Facility Maintenance Coordinator will be responsible for performing routine building maintenance inspections, repairs and service. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. millwork; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, security etc.). Working alongside the Facility Maintenance Attendant to correct findings from in-house and contractor inspections;
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Provide support to Manager on all quality assurance, safety and security matters for facility operations including initiation, investigation and closing of occurrence reports as per the Safety Management System;
- Sign in/out and escort contractors as per Skyservice Security policies
- Oversee all facilities maintenance and upkeep, act as the external vendor contact for maintenance and repair;
- Assist with issuance, return and maintenance of security swipe cards
- Review, monitor and audit Fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, waste tanks and other areas as assigned of daily, weekly, monthly quarterly and annual inspections;
- Ongoing management of the relationship and communication within all departments, tenants, and Landlords
- Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety for co-workers, tenants and customers;
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions, troubleshoot and needed repairs, making notes and recommendations using a pre‐established check sheet;
- Performs minor electrical maintenance, minor plumbing maintenance, minor painting, carpentry and masonry work
- Maintain an organized system for all documentation
- Must be able to work flexible hours at various locations and be on call as required;
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum 5 to 7 years facility maintenance and record keeping experience preferred;
- A strong understanding of the GTAA Facility Alteration Permit (F.A.P.) process an asset
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Local airport authority Restricted Area Identification Card an asset;
- Intermediate understanding of electrical, plumbing, tiling, HVAC systems and carpentry
- Must be safety and customer service oriented.
- Ability to evaluate objectively, fairly, and consistently.
- Microsoft office proficient;
- Ability to use common tools.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma or equivalency is required. Post-secondary education considered an asset
Skyservice is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If for any reason you cannot apply through our job board, please contact a member of our Human Resources team for special accommodation.