SKYSERVICE BUSINESS AVIATION
Skyservice is Canada’s leader in business aviation. Built on the key principles of safety and service, we provide a full service experience from Aircraft Management, Aircraft Charter, Maintenance and Aircraft sales from our Fixed Base Operations in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa and Calgary. People and values are the inseparable assets that drive our dedication to Quality, Safety, Respect, Commitment and Efficiency. These are the core values that guide us every day and help build our reputation as leaders in aviation services. Skyservice is a team dedicated to supporting and developing our employees. If you want to grow your career and broaden your experience, then Skyservice is the right team for you.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Purchasing and Materials
The Technical Buyer is responsible for the ordering of technical material (i.e., parts, tools, goods and services) and for the ordering of non-technical material (i.e., general office supplies, furniture and equipment). They will produce goods and services in accordance with approved policies and procedures, contractual requirements and the Service Level Agreement.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare Purchase orders in accordance with requirements;
• Negotiate contracts with suppliers specifying quality and receiving date;
• Monitor market changes, competitor prices and products and past sales patterns to forecast future demand;
• Source new products and alternative suppliers – AVL;
• Help control stock levels by varying receiving dates or selling surplus stock;
• Monitor the performance of vendors and suppliers and, if necessary, terminate contracts;
• Ensures goods needed arrive when required;
• Source and negotiate “best” pricing for new items or “one off’s”;
• Participate in the review of key suppliers and potential cost reduction initiatives;
• RFQ built for identified improvement opportunities;
• Manage established procurement process within Quantum and/or Great Plains;
• Provide reports and updates to the Manager, Material Management when requested;
• Achieve service level agreements with internal and external customers;
• All other duties, as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Possess a minimum of 2 to 5 years of Buying/Purchasing experience;
• Aviation industry experience is preferred;
• Knowledge of vendors in the aviation industry is an asset;
• Basic Accounting knowledge, an asset;
• Strong computer skills with Excel, Word, Outlook, Supply Chain systems, Quantum Component Control;
• Familiar with parts based systems;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Highly organized and focused on work priorities;
• Good team player, work well independently;
• Ability to perform multiple tasks;
• Ability to work on-call and have a flexible schedule;
• Strong focus on process improvement to deliver high quality results;
• Energetic, with a strong drive for results and efficiency.
• High School Diploma
• PMAC certification is a strong asset
Skyservice is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If for any reason you cannot apply through our job board, please contact a member of our Human Resources team for special accommodation.