Who we are
Our Mission is to inspire authentic and meaningful connections.
Selina was born out of a desire to celebrate the nomadic lifestyle: to experience our planet’s most beautiful places, to build community, to engage with locals and fellow travellers, to work and enjoy new adventures.
What the role is
The Country Experience Director holds an instrumental role to Selina’s success by creating concepts for new locations and managing the overall experience for every location based on local trends, needs and unique local elements. The Experience Director will lead the strategy from the early stages of property evaluation to managing quality control and constant improvements for each location’s experience. Will be reporting to the Head of Country and dotted like to the Concept and Programming, Growth and Culture & Experience departments..
What you will be doing
- Work with Market Research to define the Selina Country Road Map and Real Estate deals evaluation
- Creation of Experience Board at country and unit level and keep bringing ideas for new up & coming locations in the country
- Own the concept creation for every new location in the country.
- Ongoing concept support to locations.
- Own and lead programming in-country and unit levels
- Own Brand Index at the country
Culture & Experience
- Blueprint activation and ongoing initiatives, measurement and action plans.
- Facilitate and maintain brand and product standards in all locations
- Actively collaborate with Hotel General Managers in the hiring key team members
- Onboard, train, and mentor all locations’ Experience Managers through their dotted line reporting.
- Manage relations with Experience Board
- Country-level Content, Programming, Music Partnerships.
What you need for the role
Experience in managing teams or groups of people within large organizations (Min. 4-5 Years).
Background or exposure to PR, Branding or Marketing fields.
Experience within the field of hospitality or other lifestyle products.
Experience with multi-project management.
Experience with event production, retail, design, festivals is an advantage.
Must be a local of the country of application (Min. 10 Years of living in the country).
Strong communications skills.
Robust social and professional network in the country of application.
Must speak English and the local language of the country of application.
Low and High Skill Wellness Delivery
Staff who are wellness-focused and have a passion themselves (or hold a qualification) can deliver a wellness activity in the location for our Luna Loyalty Program. If it's a High skill wellness activity they must provide their qualification (ie Yoga, high-intensity fitness, Performance running/cycling).
What can you expect
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus
- No dress code
- Pet-friendly (as long as your pet is friendly)
- Multiple online training opportunities
- Cultural events and wellness activities at Locations. Volunteering with Selina Gives Back; because sharing is caring
- Huge Selina experience discounts on your stay, food & fun for you AND your friends & family (you can expect to become even more popular among your friends)
- Have your birthday off
- Amazing referral program with cash and global holiday packages; we know you hang out with other great people
- Extra country-specific benefits; we can tell you more during the application process