What’s it like to intern at selina?
Our program provides curious, hard-working individuals with the opportunity to become an integral part of our workforce. Kick-start your professional journey the Selina way with hands-on experience in the working world, the opportunity to be part of a successful international team, whilst of course, living the dream!
Each internship we offer is a unique experience. You’ll receive high-quality training (face-to-face and online) and gain skills to assist your professional development. We’ll also consider future opportunities for you within the Selina ecosystem based on your unique skillset and interests — welcome on board!
- Choose an Internship Learning Plan
- Selection Process
- Pre Boarding
- Work, Learn, Work, Learn, Work, Learn and Have FUN!
- Internship Ends + Graduation Prep
In order to join us you’ll need to fit the following criteria:
- 18+ years old.
- University student.
- Able to provide an approval letter from your university confirming the internship period.
- A ‘can-do’ ‘eager-to-learn’ attitude.
- Willingness to give a brand-new meaning to hospitality.
How Can I Apply?
Select the intern option under ‘Job Type’ at www.selina.com/jobs. Choose a country, the learning plan that interests you, and click apply! If you have questions, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]
Countries And Locations
Where You Can Do Your Internship
- Costa Rica
Our Learning Plans
- Location Level
- 3-6 months
- Suitable for first and second-year BA students with very little to no experience in the field.
Food & Beverages
You’ll complete half of the internship in the Selina Bar and the other half in the Kitchen/Restaurant.
Here, you’ll explore three different sections of the Selina ecosystem. Your time will be divided between Reservations and Reception, Housekeeping and Maintenance, plus you’ll also get to know the world of Tours, Retail and Transportation.
Hotel Marketing and Experience
You’ll rotate your time between the following areas: Events, CoWork, Sales, Marketing and Experience.
You’ll provide support to various administrative areas, paying particular attention to Human Resources and Accounting.
- Location Management on a Country and Global Level.
- 3-6 months
- Suitable for second-year university students with previous internship experience in hospitality.
You’ll be assigned to a specific department (on a Country or Global scale), developing a huge range of ideas throughout your internship.
You’ll provide support at a supervisor level to three areas within hotel operations: Food & Beverage Management, Operations Management, and Experience Management.
Selina Gives Back
Wellness and Surf
Tours and Experiences
What’s In It For You?
Aside from a host of invaluable experience in modern hospitality, interns worldwide will also benefit from:
- Use of our stunning coworking space
- No dress code & pet-friendly environment
- Your birthday = a day off!
- Cultural events and Wellness activities
- Taking part in voluntary activities aka. Selina Gives Back
- Training Sessions 24/7
- Plus, the Selina Experience:
- 70% saving on accommodation for 15 days of the internship program. 30% saving on accommodation for the rest of the time
- 25% saving for friends and family
- 20% saving on Selina’s food, beverages, and retail stores
- 25% saving on accommodation for 2 years post-internship
- Transportation to and from the airport.
- 2 meals a day on-site
- 3 free nights of accommodation (dorms) at any Selina worldwide
- Remote work 25 days per year if applicable. (Only for Corporate Interns)
Intern hired as a Sales and Marketing Manager
Selina Secret Garden
“Working at Selina has been an incredible experience and a constant learning process. Having already some professional know-how in traditional hospitality, I can see that Selina is capable of breaking borders, not because of the constant professional opportunities and the interest of the teams in developing people, but essentially because of the ability to adapt to different situations and environments, building a new concept that goes beyond hospitality.”
Intern in Talent Acquisition
“Being an intern in Selina has been an amazing experience to grow both professionally and personally. Since day one, I felt that I was part of the team and that everyone was there to support me and help me to get the most out of this internship. Also, I really appreciate that all of my responsibilities have been aligned with my interests so that I could develop extremely valuable skills for my future professional career.
Being part of such an innovative and diverse company has been a life-changing experience. I admire how Selina introduced a new concept of hospitality by connecting thousands of people all around the world. I am very proud to be part of Selina, a company that motivates me every single day.”
Intern in Culture and Experience
New York HQ
“Interning with Selina was such an amazing opportunity in which I was able to transgress a new industry and gain experience in a field that I am passionate about, and with a company that is constantly innovating. I have never had an internship where I could have the freedom to experiment with my ideas and collaborate with individuals at the top of their respective fields. Selina has helped shaped me personally and professionally, and I am fortunate to be able to continue to grow in and with the company.”
Intern hired as a Growth Project Manager
“I started at Selina 2 years ago in Panama City as an Intern for Project Management and this decision opened many doors for me. I then moved to London, started working there and has been an amazing opportunity, full of personal and professional development. Every day I am learning new things, connecting with people, wearing many hats and finding creative ways to reach our goals. Selina is more than the typical workplace, it is a unique environment that allows you to grow and improve skills you did not even know you had.”