Construction Cost Estimator
- Responsible for forecasting the cost of building Selina renovation and construction projects
- Reviews concept and construction documents and specifications to determine costs and assists in value management on projects; tracks market costs to validate estimates.
- Review blueprints and project specifications to accurately determine the quantities of materials needed and estimate the cost
- Collaborate with Heads of Development, project manager, architects on estimates
- Collaborates with project managers in the preparation of contracts and the negotiation of revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with general contractors and suppliers.
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- If necessary carry site visits to increase accuracy of estimates
- Designs, implements, and maintains construction cost estimating database(s).
- Create and present reports to upper management
- Consult with industry experts to discuss estimates and resolve issues
- Recommend ways to make a project more cost effective or profitable
Requirements (language, years of experience, area of experience, specific knowledge)
- 5 years of experience as a construction estimator
- Experience with Project Management standards
- Experience in a hospitality environment is preferred
- English & Spanish language (written and spoken) required
- Advanced skills with MS Office and Project Management charts or similar is mandatory
- Good understanding of data analysis methods and KPIs
- Good time-management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Bachelors in engineering, construction science, architecture or similar relevant field
What you can expect
- A competitive salary
- Public Medicare, Dental and Vision. Private Life Insurance.
- 13th Salary and Vacation premium
- Discounts at all Selina locations
- Meal and transportation ticket
- 20% discount on food & beverage and Family discounts
- And of course, your birthday off on us!