Who we are
Our Mission is to inspire authentic and meaningful connections.
Selina was born out of a desire to celebrate the nomadic lifestyle: to experience our planet’s most beautiful places, to build community, to engage with locals and fellow
What the role is
The General Manager works in collaboration with the Food & Beverage, Sales & Marketing and Operations Manager. This position will report directly to the Head of Country and will help to keep updated the location developments and initiatives in his Hotel. This job is a key position to maximize our Hotel performance and public perception. Selina is growing fast and our GM is a key element on this journey.
What you will be doing
- Supervise the functioning of all product areas of the location (Front of the House, back of the House, Playground, Kitchen, Co-Work, Explore) optimizing all opportunities
- Connect with the Country and Global Product leads to ensure proper functioning of products in the location.
- Ensure the location is properly stocked with all the necessary supplies and equipment.
Finance & Accounting
- Manage the location’s P&L and reporting ensuring that all revenue, costs
anddata is consistent across all channels
- Ensure proper accounting recording and compliance with local accounting legalities
- Controls and systems for accounting on site are followed at all times and are in line with Selina guidelines
- Ensure compliance with all location-applicable laws and practices and report all issues that arise or may cause a disruption to the business
- Act as direct manager for all the location Managers
- Lead and support the recruitment and selection process for open positions at the location.
- Create and manage the staffing plan for the location.
- Ensure that staffing has a low impact on P&L whilst maintaining high levels of service and experience.
- Be the location’s main POC for training needs assessment and delivery of training.
- Revise and manage the location’s payroll, benefits
- Supervise the implementation of environmental health and safety plan at the location
- Meet and exceed the location’s revenue goals Sales
- Establish and manage the sales strategy for the location
- Generate local partnerships to promote the Selina Brand
- Create and manage the location’s marketing plan following brand guidelines
- Ensure proper use of the brand guidelines
- Support and manage an environment to provide a positive experience in all the Selina Communities (guests/visitors, employees & community).
- Ensure proper implementation of the experience/programming designed for the location
- Be present at the location to support team members in providing a great experience.
What you need to succeed
- Prior experience running a hotel or restaurant and leading multiple departments and supervisors
- Sound financial management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- English fluent and Native Language of the Location
- Experience working in multicultural environments (preferred)
- Sound understanding of processes and operational efficiency
- Strong people management and negotiation skills
- Solid abilities for reporting and
analysinginformation for decision making
- High energy
- A remarkable sense of ownership
What you can expect
- A competitive salary
- Discounts at all Selina locations
- Meal and transportation ticket
- 20% discount on food & beverage and Family discounts
- And of course, your birthday off on us!