Who we are
Selina’s mission is to build a global movement where people live, travel, work and explore unique local experiences while forging meaningful connections. Built with the digital nomad in mind, Selina is disrupting the hospitality industry with a design, tech and socially-centric approach to boutique hotel and co-working developments that enable travelers to seamlessly live and work abroad.
What you will be doing
Manage the daily commercial insurance operations including, but not limited to:
- Develop and lead a comprehensive program to manage key compliance areas including Financial Crimes Monitoring, Anti-Bribery, Conflicts of Interest, and Information Governance among others
- Provide oversight over the Global Ethics & Reporting Hotline
- Oversee the Company’s Code of Business Ethics program
- Provide advice on compliance related matters and participate in relevant committees/forums
- Ensure that policies and procedures are appropriate and aligned with Management’s risk appetite and communicate periodically to Senior Management and Board of Directors on key Compliance activities
- Work closely with other control functions (Finance, Legal, IT) on business controls awareness and trends
- Provide oversight over Divisional Compliance programs and activities and support regulatory readiness and adherence to applicable laws and regulations, and internal policies and procedures
- Partner with relevant Company functions in conducting internal investigations and reviews
- Develop and disseminate Compliance training programs and ongoing communications that help drive a culture of compliance
- Develop technology solutions to support the various Compliance programs
- Preparing insurance applications and obtaining timely and accurate data;
- Managing all renewal processes, including marketing coverage on a regular basis, managing insurance limits, retentions and premium;
- Reviewing all endorsements, enhancements, terms and conditions at renewal;
- Reviewing and processing insurance invoices, including internal and international in-country allocations;
- Reviewing reservation of rights letters with Claims manager;
- Reviewing and advising on company’s current cost allocation program and recommending improvements, where needed;
- Assisting in loss prevention for all coverage lines with the claims manager;
- Managing all brokers, U.S. and international;
- Overseeing vendors, service providers and managing performance requirements in broker agreements;
- Investigating new insurance products and identifying any coverage gaps;
- Recommending and ensure implementation of and adherence to approved Dept. and organizational goals, objectives and budget. Report operations performance and any corrective action/loss prevention
Creating and managing Risk Management department goals, objectives
What you need for the Role:
- English (Spanish is a Plus)
- Compliance experience: 5 years
- Risk Management: 4 years
- Construction Risk & insurance: 2 years
- D&O Risk and insurance: 2 years
- Real Estate Risk and Insurance: 2 year
- Employment Risk & insurance: 2 Years
- Civil Liability (All Risk) Insurance: 2 Years
- Hospitality and Travel Industry insurance: 2 Years.
- Ability to manage processes and personnel associated to multiple projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively establish working relationships with outside entities for the purpose of executing Selina’s business needs.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail, with the capacity to think on your feet and work under pressure, as this is a deadline-oriented industry.
- Willingness to learn, process and internalize knowledge and apply it forward.
Strong sense of cultural curiosity and responsibility to deliver a job well-done.