R&D Programmer - CA Sofia
We are looking for an experienced programmer to join our Research & Development team.
Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced R&D Programmer to join our team situated in Sofia, Bulgaria, working on a daily basis as part of our in-house team.
In this role, you will communicate with the team and understand the user’s requirement of new features and tools. You will design and implement changes in your tools as well as maintain existing features. You will write clean, well commented and reusable code and adhere to the company’s high-quality programming standards and development processes. You will work with our custom Total War engine and its pipelines.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of code optimization for performance
- Multi-threaded / multi-core development experience
- Experience with DirectX 11 or other rendering APIs
- Experience in graphics programming
- RTS game enthusiast or thorough appreciation of the Total War franchise
- Passionate about providing users with software that is effective and enjoyable to use
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within the country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Discounts for home technology and for gym membership cards, as well as Food and Utilities vouchers
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases