Responsible for day to day management of administrative and billing aspects of the Client Hospital Medicine Program. Primary functions and expected results include: Completing daily tasks necessary to ensure adequate providers are on site to ensure quality patient care including completing and communicating monthly schedules. Works in conjunction with the Program Manager II to coordinate and develop systems to promote quality, cost-efficient delivery of patient care. Works closely with all levels of administration, physicians, and outside organizations to increase market presence, coordinate practice business, accomplish directives, and facilitate the resolution of problems. Comply with billing and coding requirements and working cooperatively with other personnel to generate timely collection of charges/reimbursement for facility and HM Division.
- Represent SCP Health, patient services and the Hospital to ensure retention of existing referral sources and to grow new referrals and volumes by enhancing client, PCP, Patient and Provider Satisfaction, as well as, Quality Case Management, Emergency Department and other facility relations.
- Facilitate training and orientation process of new office staff, and all patient care providers including but not limited to maintaining current orientation packets, obtaining computer access and any facility specific training
- Participate in physician interviews and coordinate with the Hospitalist recruiters to ensure applicants meet with the medical directors and are able tour all facilities of interest
- Act as a professional representative in dealing with all levels of hospital and staff personnel and cultivate communication within the hospitalist team and with hospital staff, patients/families, caregivers, Administration, nursing staff, referral sources, care management, and SCP Health corporate team members. Act as point person and conduit for the program.
- Ensure accomplishment of organizational and program goals by establishing new, and maintain collaborative relationships with key personnel and attending regularly scheduled department meetings across the delivery system. These should include: care management, nursing, IT, administration, HIM, and managed care organizations.
- Identify on site production, performance, or other issues; and communicate these to Program Manager II, including recommended strategies for improvement. This would include reviewing Physician and NPPA payroll monthly to ensure accuracy and opportunities for streamlining costs
- Oversee daily operations in regards to physician signatures, provider credentialing, physician completion of medical records and physician completion of daily billing
- Manage provider billing at practice level by reviewing charges daily, updating charge capture system, and working with billing personnel to achieve accurate and efficient billing
- Recommend and implement improvements to the practice as it relates to KPIs, and Client & Provider Satisfaction as established by both SCP Health and the client
- Along with Program Manager II, establish and facilitate standing HM Committee meetings between Hospital Administration, designated facility department managers, and Corporate HM representatives (include ED representatives if contract includes both)
- Facilitate engagement of HM Medical Director(s) to result in meeting participation, provider recruiting and retention
- Availability by phone or pager for emergencies, patient complaints, or other facility issues
- Work with hospital admin to attain the groups key clinical and practice indicators relating to Core Measures, readmission rates, length of stay, case mix index (CMI), billing/diagnostic coding trends, and daily volume statistics.
- Participate in organizational planning and evaluation of the program in conjunction with Medical Director and Program Manager II by continually communicating all feedback, issues, and needs to include data analysis, provider scheduling, performance surveys, and quality reviews.
- Assist Medical Director and Program Manager II in development of clinical protocols, order sets, etc.
- Understand and fulfill all site-specific requirements.
- Participate in required corporate meetings, training sessions, organizational pilot programs, and cross coverage as requested.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude, appearance and conduct at all times, and adhere to all HIPAA requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge or education regarding ICD 10 & CPT coding preferred but not required
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, staff, physicians and other professionals both orally and in writing
- Must be able to represent SCP Health and the client as the local point of contact for Marketing, Physician Relations, and Customer, Patient and Employee satisfaction
- Strong communication skills especially in relations to conflict resolution and crucial conversations.
- Strong computer skills which include Microsoft Office specifically Excel, Word and Outlook
EDUCATION (Required and/or Preferred):
- Bachelors degree Required
FIELD OF STUDY:
- Office Management
- Practice Management/Healthcare
- Minimum of 1 year of recent progressive experience in management of healthcare providers.
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience in leadership, management skills, computer applications and data analysis is desirable.