Tool Design Engineer
Tool Design Engineer
Shift: Monday to Friday 6:00 am - 3:00 pm
The MEG department is seeking a new mechanical engineer who is intelligent, eager to learn & grow, and loves developing and deploying innovative solutions to complex challenges in the HDR area. You will collaborate in a high- performance team while providing an outstanding customer experience and keeping Samtec’s DNA focus..
- Review tooling, machine, or process concerns related to the product, quality, safety, and new products and
provide and implement solutions locally and globally.
- Assist with production troubleshooting processes.
- Provide engineering assistance in the debug of incoming tooling/processes.
- Provide engineering assistance to local tool shops in Samtec’s tool manufacturing.
- New tool/process design and debugging for new products.
- Work with interdisciplinary teams in short and long-term actions on new engineering challenges.
- Any other job-related functions as requested by management.
- Mechanical or electromechanical engineer baccalaureate or licenciatura degree.
- 1-3 years experience as a manufacturing or tooling engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- Professional English proficiency and engineering tech literate.
- Ability to integrate, lead and work in high-performance teams.
- Skillful in problem/root cause analysis.
- Customer-driven focus.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks & AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in Project Management.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proactive & eager to improve.
- Proficient when working under pressure.
- Excellent interpretation of engineering prints and drawings.
- Ability to identify critical features and dimensions in mechanical assemblies.
- Familiar with geometric dimensioning and tolerance stack-up concepts and methods.
- CSWA/CSWP Certifications (desearable).
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.