Technical Sourcing Engineer
Job title: Senior Technical Sourcing Engineer
Summary/Objective: The Senior Technical Sourcing Engineer supports key engineering, production and supply chain stakeholders in the development of the global sourcing plan to meet current and emerging business needs. Builds strong relationships with key and developing suppliers that specialize in but are not limited to high speed interconnects, electronic (Optical, Copper based) modules, active and passive components as well as advanced substrates.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering leadership in the development of a market leading business and technology strategy to support advanced product roadmaps.
- Develop global sourcing strategy for acquiring technical suppliers and subcontracts that support current, new and next generation technical products.
- Understand current key technical supplier capabilities, stage developing suppliers, identify gaps that hinder current production and emerging products roadmap.
- Proactively develop capability and relationships with technical and material suppliers to meet Market and New Product Introduction strategy.
- Creatively structure agreements that mitigate risk, provide effective cost and scale with technical business strategy to build productive supplier partnerships.
- Establish Service Level Agreement (SLA) standards to include minimum balances, lot sizes, stocking locations, and reorder points
- Drive competitive supplier pricing through deliberate strategy to evaluate supplier cost and performance.
- Initiate regular reviews of supplier adherence to quality and operating policies, procedures and standards.
- Work closely with operations to understand usage and manufacturing requirements to manage and develop supplier quality and performance.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- 7+ Years Procurement experience.
- Experience with ERP or similar systems
- Knowledge of product manufacturing/test and familiarity with DFX (includes manufacturing, test, cost, quality, reliability) tools, process and application (FMEA, DOE, DMAIC).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (EE, ME, Physics) or other Technical discipline.
- On the Job Training as appropriate.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.