Cable Technical Lead Engineer
Founded in 1976, Samtec is a privately held, $1 Billion global manufacturer of a broad line of electronic interconnect solutions, including High-Speed Board-to-Board, High-Speed Cables, Mid-Board and Panel Optics, Precision RF, Flexible Stacking, and Micro/Rugged components and cables. With 40+ international locations and products sold in more than 125 different countries, Samtec’s global presence enables its unmatched customer service.
Summary/Objective: The Cable Technical Lead is responsible for leading and executing research & development and testing of new products, advanced processes, and raw materials to support cable product roadmap and new and emerging cable performance and technical needs and requirements.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Reports to Cable Engineering Director
- Collaborate with Product and Process Engineering, New Ventures and R&D community to develop engineering research & development strategy that supports new and emerging cable performance and technical needs including manufacturability, and drive industry leading cable product roadmap
- Initiate, develop and introduce new product, process and materials in individual contributor role
- Work closely with Cable engineering team members on new product, process, material and technology capabilities in roles as mentor, coach, consultant and extended project team member
- Support new cable product development activities including technology to market strategy and process improvement and/or development
- Monitor technological developments in cable interconnect markets.
- Report potential impacts and opportunities to upper management
- Devise strategies for incorporation of developments
- Evaluation of potential technologies / companies that enable advanced cable development.
- Determine validity of technology claims
- Assess Technology Readiness Levels and perform Technoeconomic Analyses
- Benchmark competitive products and technologies
- Develop strategies and team needs to execute technology inclusion
- Form relationships with Samtec internal technologists and customer, supplier, industry, and academic thought leaders
- Develop intellectual property
- Prepare technical reports and white papers
* The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities. *
- 10+ years relevant working experience in wire and cable industry
- Product development
- Process development
- Materials development
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical Engineering or other technical field. Advanced Degree preferred.