As a second-generation, family-owned enterprise, RK Industries, LLC (RK) offers a diverse range of construction, manufacturing, advanced fabrication and building services. Led by Rick and Jon Kinning, RK represents seven distinct lines of business that work together to provide seamless project collaboration. Our exclusive building methodologies, accredited safety standards and professional execution allow us to turn our customers’ greatest concepts into reality.
Position and Responsibilities:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Mechanical Aptitude and experience with Insulation, Conduit and/or Sheet Metal Fabrication a Plus!
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain workplace cleanliness and 5S standards daily
- Drive continuous improvement through participation and identification
- Drive for zero incident safety culture
- Assist shop superintendent in the training of new employees.
- Assist shop superintendent with production tracking.
- Work with shop foreman to insure production goals are met.
- Communicate status of orders to the shop superintendent.
- Perform other assignments as directed by shop superintendent
- Maintains an appropriate level of communication across the unit
- Multiple Shifts Available:
- 1st Shift: Monday-Thursday 5am-3:30pm
- 2nd Shift: Monday-Thursday 4pm-2:30am
- Weekend: Friday-Sunday 6am-6:30pm (12 Hour Shifts)
- Comprehensive medical plans with HSA and FSA options for you and your family.
- Generous 401(k) plan with immediate company match – 100% vested.
- Dental and vision insurance for your well-being.
- Short-term and long-term disability plans available after one year.
- Company provided life insurance and AD&D with options for supplemental buy-ups.
- Enjoy paid time off and holidays.
- Get paid weekly for your convenience.
- Elevate your skills with career development training at RK University.
- Unlock discounts on essential products and services like phones, internet and work apparel.
- Participate in fun company and team-building events.
- Make a difference with volunteering opportunities.
- Access confidential counseling for personal issues and financial advice.
- Enjoy exclusive discounts on entertainment, including amusement park tickets and restaurant specials.
Safety is Our Top Priority:
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- All employees are accountable for safety and health and are empowered to stop work if an unsafe condition is present. Employees should immediately notify their supervisor so that the hazard may be corrected.
- RK Mechanical employees and subcontractors are required to implement and maintain all safety and health systems practices including the training requirements of RK Mechanical Orientation, shop specific orientation, CPR/First Aid/AED/Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazard Identification and Reporting, and OSHA 10.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Work outside, inside, and in dusty, noisy and hazardous areas.
- Work in high places, tight places, confined spaces and/or other adverse locations.
- Climb, balance, squat, kneel and crouch.
- Work in all types of weather.
- Must have working knowledge of all trade materials and tools.
- Ability to lift, move, and/or carry 50 lbs.
Why RK is a Great Place to Work
At RK, we take immense pride in our diverse business units, each specializing in delivering exceptional projects, products and services to our customers. What sets us apart is our unique ability to integrate these services, providing comprehensive solutions and offering our employees ample opportunities for growth and learning across different businesses.
- RK Mechanical: commercial and industrial plumbing, mechanical, process and HVAC contracting.
- RK Steel: custom fabrication and manufacturing of structural steel and miscellaneous metals for various industries.
- RK Electrical: commercial and industrial electrical contracting and service.
- RK Water: groundwater dewatering and remediation, facilities water treatment and custom fabrication.
- RK Service: commercial and industrial building and maintenance services.
- RK Energy: custom fabrication for various industries requiring ASME and modular skidded solutions.
- RK Mission Critical: design and manufacturing for off-site constructed modular solutions.
Our commitment to excellence has been recognized with numerous awards for our outstanding performance and contributions, including high rankings in various categories from the Denver Business Journal and ABC’s Top Performers by Market, illustrating our broad expertise. We’ve been consistently recognized as a top private company and a leading employer by ColoradoBiz Magazine, and we're proud of our long-standing position as number one in the Top 50 Family-Owned Companies since 2011.
Our strong commitment to safety, wellness and employee development has earned us prestigious accolades:
- ABC Step Awards
- ACCA Award Member
- AGC Safety Utah
- American Heart Association Fit-Friendly Worksite Award
- Wellness Workdays and Harvard Medical School Best Wellness Employer Certification
- Colorado Workforce Development Council Excellence in Apprenticeship Award
- Business Experiential Learning Commission Colorado Apprentice Award
In addition to our engagement with the community, we have been acknowledged in:
- Denver Business Journal Corporate Philanthropy rankings
- Named among The Civic 50 Colorado as one of the most community-minded companies
Each of our business units has its own impressive list of awards and recognitions, such as:
- Engineering News Record Top 20 Firms in Steel Erection
- ABC Excellence in Construction Awards
- AGC Awards for Construction Excellence
- Xcel Energy Top Trade Partner in Energy Efficiency
- USGBC LEED Program Member
- IECRM Annual Summit Awards
- MFG Magazine Colorado Manufacturing Awards
We also adhere to rigorous quality standards and accreditations, including:
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 14001:2015
- ISO 45001:2018
- AISC certifications
As a new member of our team, you’ll be joining a company that’s not just award-winning but is also consistently striving to exceed expectations and deliver excellence in all we do. Become an essential part of our thriving and dynamic team, where your contributions will drive our continued success.
Pay scale: Hourly: $22-$26 + Shft Differential
RK Industries, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law