RK is a multifaceted, industry-leading, specialty contractor headquartered in Denver, CO, with decades of experience working in the construction, manufacturing and building services industries. As a second-generation family-owned enterprise, RK prides itself on developing strong relationships with customers, as true project partners, throughout the Mountain West region. RK brings creativity, performance and optimism to every project.
RK Mechanical offers commercial and industrial plumbing, mechanical piping, process piping, HVAC and refrigeration construction.
RK Contributions medical plans with HSA and FSA options for you and your family
- Four medical plans with HSA and FSA options for you and your family
- 401(k) plan with company match that is 100% immediately vested
- Dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability plans available after one year
- Company provided life insurance and AD&D with options for supplemental buy-ups.
- Paid time off and holidays
- Weekly pay
- Career development training for all levels through RK University
- Discounts on products and services for life necessities such as phone, internet, and work apparel
- Fun company and team building events, and volunteering opportunities
- Confidential counseling for personal issues, financial advice and more
- Discounts on entertainment including amusement park tickets, restaurant specials and more
Summary of Duties:
Oversee the scheduling, coordination, and supervision of crew activities. Supervise and coordinate onsite field operations of RK Industries, LLC. and associated sub-contractors and vendors. Provide pertinent information and trade specific information to the GC in the development of the project schedule. Adhere to project schedule and orchestrate timely project completion within budget. Cooperate with project management and maintain open lines of communication regarding matters concerning project budget, productivity, change orders, quality control and customer satisfaction.
- Practice, promote, and develop mentoring at all trades and manpower levels throughout the company.
- Document and ensure any required corrective measures are addressed and implemented.
- Develop ‘Master Plan’ approach for project.
- Execute, supervise and maintain CPMI.
- Schedule all daily and weekly scope of work activities.
- Requisition, maintain and account for tools, materials and equipment.
- Monitor progress, performance and quality of work for all Subcontractors and major Equipment Suppliers.
- Coordinate all required jurisdictional inspections, and maintain good working relationships with inspectors.
- Reviews, analyzes, and updates Labor Hours/Job Costs Report information with project management on weekly basis.
- Optimize project opportunity by field/pre-fabrication planning, CADD, organizing and scheduling, without compromising the quality, safety or completion date of the project.
- Assist project management with schedule preparation and SIP, including logic and resource/budget allocation, Labor Resource Charts and provide updates as required.
- Keep proper and complete documentation of project, in accordance with RK’s standard systems and available for inspection at all times.
- Provide required training, mentoring, coaching and leadership for field personnel. Participation in company provided training.
- Ensure accurate and complete cost coding of all time cards on a daily basis. Review, sign-off and forward time cards to corporate office as required.
- Ensure efficient project closeout, including completion of all punch list work, owner training and instruction, transfer of spare parts, final cleanup, demobilization and project records archiving.
- Other duties as assigned
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- All employees are accountable for safety and health and are empowered to stop work if an unsafe condition is present. Employees should immediately notify their supervisor so that the hazard may be corrected.
- RK Industries employees and subcontractors are required to implement and maintain all safety and health systems practices including the training requirements of RK Mechanical Orientation, site specific orientation, CPR/First Aid/AED/Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazard Identification and Reporting, CPMIS, and OSHA 30.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Work outside, inside, and in dusty, noisy and hazardous areas.
- Work in high places, tight places, confined spaces and/or other adverse locations.
- Climb, balance, squat, kneel and crouch.
- Work in all types of weather.
- Must have working knowledge of all trade materials and tools.
- Ability to lift, move, and/or carry 50 lbs.
General Superintendent 1
- Company Leader.
- Responsible for one or more programs/functions of such diversity and scope to be of critical importance to overall company objectives.
- Negotiates critical and controversial issues with top-level employees and officers.
- Plays a role in company business strategy development and execution.
- Makes authoritative decisions and recommendations having significant impact on extensive and related activities of the company.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing and guiding extensive programs and activities of importance.
- Manages autonomous individuals, managers and diverse groups giving broader direction.
- Expert in field, extensive relevant experience, 15+ years.
- Masters or college/university graduate or equivalent combination of skills and experience generally required.
General Superintendent 2/3
- Independent decision making.
- Responsible for a single department or functional area either as a manager or functional expert.
- Initiates and maintains relationships with key staff and other departments.
- Makes authoritative decisions and recommendations having important impact on activities of the company.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight and mature judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented complexities.
- Determines program objectives and requirements, organizing programs and projects and developing standards and guidelines for diverse activities.
- Proven specialist expertise, typically 10+ years of experience, including fiscal responsibilities.
- College/university graduate or equivalent combination of skills or equivalent combination and experience generally expected for specified technical roles.
Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Private Companies: Ranked #21 in 2021, #19 in 2019 and various ranks in previous ten years or more
Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Private Sector Employers: Ranked #12 in 2022, #25 in 2021, #19 in 2019
Denver Business Journal Fastest-Growing Denver-Area Private Companies: Ranked #6, 2019
Denver Business Journal Fast 50 list: Ranked #6 2019
ABC’s Top 200 Performers: Ranked #31 in 2022, Ranked #22 in 2021, Ranked #16 in 2020, Ranked #18 in 2019
ABC’s Top 75 Trade Contractors: Ranked #11 in 2022, Ranked #7 in 2021
ABC’s Top Performers by Market:
Airport Contractor: Ranked #15 in 2022
Entertainment Contractor: Ranked #9 in 2022
High Tech Contractor: Ranked #8 in 2022
Hospitality Contractor: Ranked #10 in 2022
Mixed Use Contractor: Ranked #6 in 2022
Museums, Monuments and Parks Contractor: Ranked #9 in 2022
Office Contractor: Ranked #20 in 2022
Wellness Workdays and Harvard Medical School Best Wellness Employer Certification: 2019 Silver
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top Company 2021 Awards: Winner, Category: Construction + Engineering
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top Company 2017 Awards: Winner, Category: Construction + Engineering
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top 50 Family Owned Companies: Ranked #1 since 2011
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top 200 Private Companies: Ranked #8 in 2021 and 2020, Ranked #10 in 2019, Ranked #11 2018
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top 250 Private Companies: Every year since 2011
American Heart Association Fit-Friendly Worksite Award: 2020 (Gold), 2019 (Gold), 2018 (Gold), 2017 (Silver), 2016 (Platinum), 2015 (Gold)
Colorado Workforce Development Council: Celebration of Excellence in Apprenticeship, 2018 Outstanding Employer
Business Experiential Learning Commission: 2020 Colorado Apprentice Award, Employer category
Engineering News Record Specialty Contractor of the Year - Mountain States: 2020
Health Links Healthy Workplace: Certified leader in 2022 and 2021
RK MECHANICAL AWARDS
ABC’s Top 20 Plumbing/HVAC Contractors: Ranked #2 in 2022, Ranked #3, 2021, Ranked #2, 2020
Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Mechanical Contractors: Ranked #1 since 2015
ABC Excellence In Construction Awards (Regional)
Miramar - Salt Lake Data Center, 2021 Award of Excellence
Ascent Union Station, 2020 Award of Excellence
Engineering News Record Top 600 Specialty Contractors: #97 in 2022, #101 in 2021, #95 in 2020, #70 in 2019, #67 in 2018
Engineering News Record Top 50 Mechanical Firms: #33 in 2022, #47 in 2021, #39 in 2020, #29 in 2019, 2011-2017
ABC STEP Awards: Diamond level: 2022, 2017, Platinum level: 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
ACCA Award Member: Safety Master’s Club
AGC Safety Utah: Silver Award with 5 stars, 2022
COMMUNITY AND PHILANTHROPY
Denver Business Journal Corporate Foundations: Ranked # 6 in 2021, #7 in 2020, #6 in 2019
Denver Business Journal Denver Area Corporate Philanthropists: Ranked #22 in 2021, #23 in 2020
The Civic 50 Colorado: One of the most community-minded companies 2020, 2019
Carson J Spencer Foundation: 2015 Corporate Shooting Star Award for RK’s suicide prevention efforts
RK Industries, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law