Production Floor Manager
RK is a multifaceted, industry-leading, specialty contractor headquartered in Denver, CO, with decades of experience working in the construction, manufacturing and building services industries. As a second-generation family-owned enterprise, RK prides itself on developing strong relationships with customers, as true project partners, throughout the Mountain West region. RK brings creativity, performance and optimism to every project.
RK Mission Critical provides custom-engineered modular solutions for the data and telecom industries. We’re a single source solutions provider that can handle complex and high-volume projects. We listen carefully to customer needs and have the experience to develop solutions that others can’t or won’t.
- Four medical plans with HSA and FSA options for you and your family
- 401(k) plan with company match that is 100% immediately vested
- Dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability plans available after one year
- Company provided life insurance and AD&D with options for supplemental buy-ups.
- Paid time off and holidays
- Weekly pay
- Career development training for all levels through RK University
- Wellness coaching offering exercise planning, gym discounts, health screenings, program incentives up to $2,100 a year, and more.
- Fun company and team building events, and volunteering opportunities.
- Confidential counseling for personal issues, financial advice and more
- Discounts on entertainment including amusement park tickets, restaurant specials and more
- Additional discount on products and services for life’s necessities such as phone, internet and work apparel.
What you’ll be working on:
- Create, develop and train a world-class production and installation
- Provide leadership for the production operation delivering quality products productively and efficiently.
- Recruit, develop, and train a high performance team
- Ensure that production processes are optimized for each product and that process controls are in place
- Designs, implements and leads best-in-class business production processes
- Oversees technical and professional development of the Production team and function
- Serve as the principal company Production interface with the market and customers.
- Lead in continual improvement, corrective action and customer satisfaction practices.
- Responsible for the technical accuracy, quality and cost effectiveness of the production operation.
- Provide production leadership in problem solving and troubleshooting of issues or problems.
- Create a team oriented working environment that fosters growth, accountability & fun.
- Provide clear leadership and vision, inspire and motivate the Production staff to achieve excellence.
- Facilitate, direct and drive continuous Improvement across all production related areas of the business.
- Lead value production, design optimization, and constructability efforts coordinating with production team
- Lead the daily production to ensure assigned tasks are delivered within budget, on schedule and in accordance with established policies and procedures of RKMC.
- Accountable for the performance of the production team and the quality of the products.
- Responsible and accountable for the development of a “zero injury” culture.
- Compliance and implementation of all company policies and procedures
- Accountable for the safety and well-being of direct reports and all other RKMC employees.
What is expected of a Production Floor Manager:
- Strong leadership skills and work ethic to enable the creation of a highly capable Production Operation
- 15+ years of relevant experience in Production, Manufacturing, or Construction
- Proven ability to effectively lead, supervise, hire, develop, and mentor talented production resources
- Experience in off-site manufacturing/production/modular environments
- Demonstrated success in change management, problem solving, and solution development.
- Action-oriented and innovative in leading the Construction and Production functions
- Capable of driving change transformation to achieve specific business results
- Skilled in production processes of modular businesses
- Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma process improvements
- Demonstrates a high level of ethical behavior in exercising judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with employees & customers.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimize team performance
- Strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at all levels
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, influencing, and problem solving skills
- Experience and technical understanding of data centers, data center modules, and modular processes.
- Accountable for the safe, efficient, quality production of the company’s products.
- Facilitate daily team meetings with department employees at the beginning and end of the shift.
- Ensure workers adhere to company rules, policies and procedures.
- Enforce company safety policy including wearing proper PPE and working in a safe manner.
- Ensure quality of work is maintained to a high standard (Quality Control)
- Ensure that products are built in accordance with the drawings, specifications, or directives.
- Execute the daily production schedule through proper utilization of people, material, machinery, and process to meet customer requirements, schedule compliance and cost objectives.
- Promote employee development through effective verbal and written communications, cross training and solicitation of feedback on problem solving and continuous improvements.
- Resolve any work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and quality of work.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, team-building skills and the ability to motivate effectively.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- This position requires shop work. When working in the shop, one must exercise caution as this environment presents many naturally-occurring and potentially worker-produced hazards
- It is very important that the incumbent of this position is able to work and communicate with prudence, while effectively managing time, completing tasks and working safely.
- Completion of high school or equivalent education.
- Post-secondary diploma is a plus
- Analytical problem solver with good communication skills.
- 15 years’+ experience in a construction, manufacturing, or production environment.
- ISO, 5S, Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen, and Visual Factory Management experience preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- OSHA 30 hour certification.
- Experience with all safe practices, procedures, and overall processes associated with construction and manufacturing from raw materials to finished product.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Work predominately inside and in dusty and noisy areas.
- Work in high places, tight places, and confined spaces.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry 51 to 75 lbs. occasionally, and/or 31 to 45 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 16 to 22 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to balance, kneel, squat, crouch, bend, lean, stand, walk, and climb.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in conditions that include heat and cold.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue.
- Noise levels can fluctuate from quiet to loud.
- Hazards associated with the industry.
- Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Private Companies: Ranked #21 in 2021, #19 in 2019 and various ranks in previous ten years or more
- Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Private Sector Employers: Ranked #12 in 2022, #25 in 2021, #19 in 2019
- Denver Business Journal Fastest-Growing Denver-Area Private Companies: Ranked #6, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Fast 50 list: Ranked #6 2019
- ABC’s Top 200 Performers: Ranked #31 in 2022, Ranked #22 in 2021, Ranked #16 in 2020, Ranked #18 in 2019
- ABC’s Top 75 Trade Contractors: Ranked #11 in 2022, Ranked #7 in 2021
- ABC’s Top Performers by Market:
- Airport Contractor: Ranked #15 in 2022
- Entertainment Contractor: Ranked #9 in 2022
- High Tech Contractor: Ranked #8 in 2022
- Hospitality Contractor: Ranked #10 in 2022
- Mixed Use Contractor: Ranked #6 in 2022
- Museums, Monuments and Parks Contractor: Ranked #9 in 2022
- Office Contractor: Ranked #20 in 2022
- Wellness Workdays and Harvard Medical School Best Wellness Employer Certification: 2019 Silver
- ColoradoBiz Magazine Top Company 2021 Awards: Winner, Category: Construction + Engineering
- ColoradoBiz Magazine Top Company 2017 Awards: Winner, Category: Construction + Engineering
- ColoradoBiz Magazine Top 50 Family Owned Companies: Ranked #1 since 2011
- ColoradoBiz Magazine Top 200 Private Companies: Ranked #8 in 2021 and 2020, Ranked #10 in 2019, Ranked #11 2018
- ColoradoBiz Magazine Top 250 Private Companies: Every year since 2011
- American Heart Association Fit-Friendly Worksite Award: 2020 (Gold), 2019 (Gold), 2018 (Gold), 2017 (Silver), 2016 (Platinum), 2015 (Gold)
- Colorado Workforce Development Council: Celebration of Excellence in Apprenticeship, 2018 Outstanding Employer
- Business Experiential Learning Commission: 2020 Colorado Apprentice Award, Employer category
- Engineering News Record Specialty Contractor of the Year - Mountain States: 2020
- Health Links Healthy Workplace: Certified leader in 2022 and 2021
- RK MISSION CRITICAL AWARDS
- 2020 Colorado Manufacturing Awards: Building and Construction Manufacturer of the Year
- ColoradoBiz Magazine: Made in Colorado - Most Innovative Manufacturer, Runner-Up in 2021
- Global Business Leaders Magazine: 20 Leading Companies of the Year 2022
- Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Manufacturing Firms: Ranked #8 in 2022
- MANUFACTURING AWARDS
- MFG Magazine Colorado Manufacturing Awards: Category: Built Environment: 2016
- ColoradoBiz Magazine: Made in Colorado 250 List: 2017
- Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Manufacturing Firms (submitted corporately): Ranked #6 in 2021, #7 in 2020 and #7 in 2019
- QUALITY ACCREDITATIONS
- ISO 9001:2015 System Standards
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Standards
- ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Specification Standards
- AISC Shop Fabrication Certification, since 2010; Field Erector Certification since 2017
- ASME Stamps: R, S, U, and U2 - Class 1 and 2. U Stamp since 2012. U2 Stamp since 2015.
- Colorado Resolution 35 Standards Certification for Modular Building Manufacturing, since 2015
- SAFETY AWARDS
- ABC STEP Awards: Diamond level: 2022, 2017, Platinum level: 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
- ACCA Award Member: Safety Master’s Club
- AGC Safety Utah: Silver Award with 5 stars, 2022
- COMMUNITY AND PHILANTHROPY
- Denver Business Journal Corporate Foundations: Ranked # 6 in 2021, #7 in 2020, #6 in 2019
- Denver Business Journal Denver Area Corporate Philanthropists: Ranked #22 in 2021, #23 in 2020
- The Civic 50 Colorado: One of the most community-minded companies 2020, 2019
- Carson J Spencer Foundation: 2015 Corporate Shooting Star Award for RK’s suicide prevention efforts
RK Industries, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law