RK is a multifaceted, industry-leading, specialty contractor headquartered in Denver, CO, with decades of experience working in the construction, manufacturing and building services industries. As a second-generation family-owned enterprise, RK prides itself on developing strong relationships with customers, as true project partners, throughout the Mountain West region. RK brings creativity, performance and optimism to every project.
RK Mechanical offers commercial and industrial plumbing, mechanical piping, process piping, HVAC and refrigeration construction.
RK Contributions medical plans with HSA and FSA options for you and your family
- Four medical plans with HSA and FSA options for you and your family
- 401(k) plan with company match that is 100% immediately vested
- Dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability plans available after one year
- Company provided life insurance and AD&D with options for supplemental buy-ups.
- Paid time off and holidays
- Weekly pay
- Career development training for all levels through RK University
- Discounts on products and services for life necessities such as phone, internet, and work apparel
- Fun company and team building events, and volunteering opportunities
- Confidential counseling for personal issues, financial advice and more
- Discounts on entertainment including amusement park tickets, restaurant specials and more
- Manage and supervise day-to-day operations of Business Unit/Operation Group Managers and their Teams as needed.
- Assist with marketing efforts for Business Unit.
- Review Business Unit Bidding/Pending/New Projects List and follow-up with award and staffing issues.
- Assist in management needs associated with Estimating and bid closings.
- Ensure Pre-Construction Planning Meetings are conducted for business unit projects.
- Ensure bid estimate work units are quantified and confirmed to match contract work units, and that accurate original budget is developed.
- Ensure prompt review and processing of Business Unit Contract and Subcontract Agreements.
- Ensure material/equipment/fixture management plan is developed, implemented and monitored, including process of requisitions, buyouts, submittals, CAD, release, pre-fabrication, fabrication, status tracking and delivery coordination.
- Ensure business unit required billings are accurately and timely completed, and that payments are collected on or before due dates.
- Ensure business unit change condition work is accurately and timely priced, submitted, processed and collected.
- Coordinate work and communications between departments as necessary.
- Provide necessary training, mentoring, coaching and leadership for business unit/operation group personnel.
- Conduct performance reviews of staff, and employee warnings and/or counseling as required.
- Ensure labor resource loading and productivity tracking are implemented updated and analyzed on a weekly basis.
- Ensure business unit monthly cost projections are accurately and timely completed.
- Provide monthly business unit summary reports to VPO.
- Maintain and improve owner, general contractor, engineer and vendor relations.
- Solicit suggestions from staff members on improving procedures, productivity and efficiency. Forward suggestions to the VPO.
- Ensure post-construction closeout meetings are conducted for business unit projects.
- Company Leader.
- Responsible for one or more programs/functions of such diversity and scope to be of critical importance to overall company objectives.
- Negotiates critical and controversial issues with top-level employees and officers.
- Plays a role in company business strategy development and execution.
- Makes authoritative decisions and recommendations having significant impact on extensive and related activities of the company.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing and guiding extensive programs and activities of importance.
- Manages autonomous individuals, managers and diverse groups giving broader direction.
- Expert in field, extensive relevant experience, 15+ years.
- Masters or college/university graduate or equivalent combination of skills and experience generally required.
Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Private Companies: Ranked #21 in 2021, #19 in 2019 and various ranks in previous ten years or more
Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Private Sector Employers: Ranked #12 in 2022, #25 in 2021, #19 in 2019
Denver Business Journal Fastest-Growing Denver-Area Private Companies: Ranked #6, 2019
Denver Business Journal Fast 50 list: Ranked #6 2019
ABC’s Top 200 Performers: Ranked #31 in 2022, Ranked #22 in 2021, Ranked #16 in 2020, Ranked #18 in 2019
ABC’s Top 75 Trade Contractors: Ranked #11 in 2022, Ranked #7 in 2021
ABC’s Top Performers by Market:
Airport Contractor: Ranked #15 in 2022
Entertainment Contractor: Ranked #9 in 2022
High Tech Contractor: Ranked #8 in 2022
Hospitality Contractor: Ranked #10 in 2022
Mixed Use Contractor: Ranked #6 in 2022
Museums, Monuments and Parks Contractor: Ranked #9 in 2022
Office Contractor: Ranked #20 in 2022
Wellness Workdays and Harvard Medical School Best Wellness Employer Certification: 2019 Silver
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top Company 2021 Awards: Winner, Category: Construction + Engineering
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top Company 2017 Awards: Winner, Category: Construction + Engineering
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top 50 Family Owned Companies: Ranked #1 since 2011
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top 200 Private Companies: Ranked #8 in 2021 and 2020, Ranked #10 in 2019, Ranked #11 2018
ColoradoBiz Magazine Top 250 Private Companies: Every year since 2011
American Heart Association Fit-Friendly Worksite Award: 2020 (Gold), 2019 (Gold), 2018 (Gold), 2017 (Silver), 2016 (Platinum), 2015 (Gold)
Colorado Workforce Development Council: Celebration of Excellence in Apprenticeship, 2018 Outstanding Employer
Business Experiential Learning Commission: 2020 Colorado Apprentice Award, Employer category
Engineering News Record Specialty Contractor of the Year - Mountain States: 2020
Health Links Healthy Workplace: Certified leader in 2022 and 2021
RK MECHANICAL AWARDS
ABC’s Top 20 Plumbing/HVAC Contractors: Ranked #2 in 2022, Ranked #3, 2021, Ranked #2, 2020
Denver Business Journal Denver-Area Mechanical Contractors: Ranked #1 since 2015
ABC Excellence In Construction Awards (Regional)
Miramar - Salt Lake Data Center, 2021 Award of Excellence
Ascent Union Station, 2020 Award of Excellence
Engineering News Record Top 600 Specialty Contractors: #97 in 2022, #101 in 2021, #95 in 2020, #70 in 2019, #67 in 2018
Engineering News Record Top 50 Mechanical Firms: #33 in 2022, #47 in 2021, #39 in 2020, #29 in 2019, 2011-2017
ABC STEP Awards: Diamond level: 2022, 2017, Platinum level: 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
ACCA Award Member: Safety Master’s Club
AGC Safety Utah: Silver Award with 5 stars, 2022
COMMUNITY AND PHILANTHROPY
Denver Business Journal Corporate Foundations: Ranked # 6 in 2021, #7 in 2020, #6 in 2019
Denver Business Journal Denver Area Corporate Philanthropists: Ranked #22 in 2021, #23 in 2020
The Civic 50 Colorado: One of the most community-minded companies 2020, 2019
Carson J Spencer Foundation: 2015 Corporate Shooting Star Award for RK’s suicide prevention efforts
RK Industries, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law