Supportive Housing Specialist
If you are looking for employment with a purpose where you can help improve the daily lives of the members of your community, then consider a career with Pioneer Human Services!
We are currently looking for a Supportive Housing Specialist with a passion for human services. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with an organization focused on racial justice, second opportunities, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Who we are
We are a social enterprise that partners with communities to transform society by honoring the humanity of people, reducing the impact of discriminatory mass incarceration, and empowering people to live safe, healthy, productive lives through inspiration, affirmation, and by overturning barriers.
For over 50 years, we have proudly serviced our clients with professionalism and empathy. We are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington State that provides a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
What you'll do
As the Supportive Housing Specialist you will work within the Residential Treatment Facilities’ (RTF) and within the surrounding communities. provides client advocacy, support in obtaining community services including but not limited to healthcare, social services, resources, housing and employment training and recovery education and support. Supports participants and program requirements by reviewing and analyzing financial information or criminal records to determine housing options and to determine rent adjustment.
What you'll bring
(Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience)
- AA degree or BA/BS Degree
- 2 years’ experience working with individuals who experience behavioral health challenges
- Able to qualify as an agency affiliated counselor (register within 7 days of employment)
- Be a self-identified client of behavioral health services
- Successfully pass and maintain the state certified peer counselor examination administered by the mental health division or an authorized contractor according to 18.19 RCW.
- May occasionally need to transport clients to appointments. Must have valid driver’s license, ability to meet the requirements of a Company Approved Driver including minimum personal vehicle insurance if driving a personal vehicle on Company business and acceptable driving record.
What we offer
Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefits plan that includes:
- Employees regularly scheduled to work 24 hours or more a week are eligible to enroll in medical, dental, and flexible spending accounts the first of the month following date of hire.
- Full-time employees regularly scheduled for 30 hours per week or more are eligible for additional benefits, including life, AD&D, and disability coverage beginning the first of the month after 30 days of full-time employment.
- Tuition assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of a bachelor's degree tuition and 50% for graduate programs. Available for full-time status employees after 6 months of employment.
- Retirement plan: Pioneer contributes 3.5% of an employee's annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee recognition programs: gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and more.
- Public transportation discount.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
Pioneer human services is an equal opportunity employer of minorities/women/individuals with disabilities/protected veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the law poster EEO is the law poster supplement
Pioneer Human Services is a Drug-Free Company
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana, and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.