Corporate Communications Specialist
Corporate Communications Specialist
See What We’re All About
As the fastest growing distributor of foodservice equipment parts, we like to do things a little differently. We believe our team should be like family. Not like a second cousin, twice removed, but more like the family you choose to be with every day. First, you have to demonstrate our core values and keep safety as your #1 priority, that’s key. But we’re also looking for unique enthusiasm, high integrity, courage to embrace change…and if you know a few jokes, that puts you on the top of our list.
Do you have a genius-level knowledge of foodservice equipment parts? If not, no problem! We’re more interested in passionate people with fresh ideas from different backgrounds. That’s what keeps us at the top of our game. We’re proud that our workplace has been recognized for its growth and innovation on the Inc. 5000 list, twelve years in a row and the Crain’s Fast 50 list seven times.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond and put your ambition to work, all while having some fun, let’s chat – Apply Today!
- Parts Town Pride – check out our virtual tour and culture!
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus
- Fitness center, game room and on-site food market
- Team member appreciation events and recognition programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Casual dress code
- All the traditional benefits like health insurance, 401k/401k match, employee assistance programs and time away – don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
The Job at a Glance
The Corporate Communications Specialist (internally known as The Town Reporter) will partner with internal teams to develop and execute top-notch multichannel communication plans to support company goals, initiatives and events. You’ll continually raise the bar on creativity when it comes to writing fresh content and developing outside-the-box ways to communicate with team members (no pressure!). You live in the details and are passionate about using internal communications to enhance the team member experience.
A Typical Day
- Partner with internal teams to identify internal communication needs and develop multichannel communication plans to support company goals, initiatives and events
- Develop content for a variety of communication channels, including: video, targeted emails, intranet, digital newsletters, texting, TV, surveys and polls, internal events and meetings, print, robots (ok, that’d be cool), and other internal systems
- Maintain and execute forward-facing internal communication calendar
- Create and maintain content calendar for company intranet (Wordpress) and other internal communication channels (ex: SnapComms, weekly video updates, etc)
- Write, edit and develop content that aligns with the Parts Town Brand that is clear, concise, and grammatically correct
- Research and mine for content to identify outside-the-box content opportunities
- Identify internal communication gaps and opportunities, then use your creativity to find solutions
To Land This Opportunity
- You have 2-4 years of experience in Internal Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field
- You’ve been successful at managing multiple concurrent projects within tight timelines
- You have a strong eye for design and effective visual communication
- You’re exceptional (straight-up incredible) at communicating and details are your jam
- You’re curious, enjoy researching and content mining. Whenever you read or see content you’re strategizing how you’d make it better (let’s bold this, then do bullet points here, and oh…I would have used this as the subject line).
About Your Future Team
We like animals and we like coffee… but if you don’t, we’ll forgive you! The Talent team is a welcoming and passionate group. We like to think outside-the-box and always put our best foot forward but never take ourselves too seriously.
Parts Town welcomes diversity and as an equal opportunity employer all qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an E-Verify employer.