Conveyor Maintenance Technician
See What We’re All About
As the fastest growing distributor of foodservice equipment parts, we like to do things a little differently. We believe our team should be like family. Not like a second cousin, twice removed, but more like the family you choose to be with every day. First, you have to demonstrate our core values and keep safety as your #1 priority, that’s key. But we’re also looking for unique enthusiasm, high integrity, courage to embrace change…and if you know a few jokes, that puts you on the top of our list.
Do you have a genius-level knowledge of foodservice equipment parts? If not, no problem! We’re more interested in passionate people with fresh ideas from different backgrounds. That’s what keeps us at the top of our game. We’re proud that our workplace has been recognized for its growth and innovation on the Inc. 5000 list, eleven years in a row and the Crain’s Fast 50 list seven times.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond and put your ambition to work, all while having some fun, let’s chat – Apply Today!
- Parts Town Pride – check out our culture and growth!
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus
- Fitness center, game room and on-site food market
- Team member appreciation events and recognition programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Casual dress code
- All the traditional benefits like health insurance, 401k/401k match, employee assistance programs and time away – don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
The Job at a Glance
Our Maintenance Conveyor Technician will oversee the maintenance and repairs of mechanical systems in our distribution center. This technician is responsible for overseeing preventative maintenance and troubleshooting activities over a wide range of material handling equipment to support safe and efficient operations. The pace of our growth requires this team member to thrive in a high-energy fast-paced environment with safety as our #1 priority.
A Typical Day
- Perform preventative maintenance of the conveyor systems in the distribution center including sorters, powered conveyors, truck loaders, and other material handling equipment.
- Perform corrective maintenance on packaging equipment, trash compactors, balers, etc.
- Coordinate repairs and maintenance work with 3rd party vendors for HVAC, plumbing, electrical work, backup generator, fire suppression, etc.
- Act as a first responder for problems with fire sprinkler systems, standby generators, and mechanical or system outages
- Partners with the Distribution Center leadership team to address operational maintenance and safety issues promptly and researches new equipment decisions
- Maintains inventory levels of spare parts and orders consumable supplies
To Land This Opportunity
- You possess previous experience in mechanical, electrical, maintenance management system and HVAC
- You’re an all-star communicator and are fluent in English (both written and verbal)
- You possess 1-3 years of experience in an automated distribution center environment that utilizes powered conveyors, sorters and other automated material handling equipment.
- You have the ability to troubleshoot problems with electrical, mechanical and computer controlled equipment in an industrial environment. Willing to seek out further training and certifications as needed
- You have solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders
- You demonstrate an ability to lift up to 50 pounds and perform 8 or more hours of standing, bending, lifting, walking and carrying products in combination at any given time
- You feel comfortable working in a warehouse environment with a variety of temperatures and loud noises
About Your Future Team
Our Distribution Center Team is full of high-performing team members who have a passion and enthusiasm to work hard and play hard. Our Distribution Center is a very team-oriented atmosphere and we strive to live up to our core values of integrity, passion, courage, and innovation each and every day!
Parts Town welcomes diversity and as an equal opportunity employer all qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an E-Verify employer.