Founded in Birmingham in 1932 as the ‘Barton Rivet Company’, we relocated to Droitwich Spa in 1950, and in 2006 moved to our current 55,000 sq. ft facility. In 2015, Barton were brought in to the Optimas business as the second manufacturing site within the group, alongside our North America plant in Wood Dale, Chicago.
Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world.
To learn more, please visit our website http://www.optimas.com/
Optimas is currently searching for an experienced Stores Person to oversee the day to day running of the Tool Room stores and the Raw Material stores.
This role will work with all internal departments and report directly to the Tooling Development Manager.
- To assist Logistics Supervisor in work in progress tracking.
- To assist management and staff in the identification, and introduction of all reasonable measures to improve productivity, quality and working methods and conditions as part of the CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT and ZERO DEFECT ongoing improvement and TQM programmes.
- Control of all Tool sets and Raw Material required for Heading and/or Roll forming in liaison with Production Planning Department, Toolroom and Heading Shop Manager/Assistant Manager & Supervisors.
- Updating of Masterplan and Powerpick systems ref heading tool and Raw material availability.
- Control of all stock items within The Works Stores, PM Stores and RM Stores.
- Monitoring of stock levels.
- Good housekeeping of The Works Stores area including all storage facilities.
- Routine re-ordering within spending limits.
- Other duties and tasks as required.
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision
- Building organizational capacity
- Results driven
- Embrace change
- Collaboration and Influence
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Customer value and Market focus
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Proven experience running Industrial stores as a Stores Operative, Yard Operative, Goods-in Operative or Dispatch Operative highly advantageous
- NVQ Level 2 or above valuable but not essential
- Good level of computer literacy; experience of using Microsoft Office and Excel spreadsheets
- Clean driving licence
- Fork Lift Truck Licence preferred
- Good communication skills (Written & Oral)
- Neat and Tidy record keeper
- Forward planner, methodical & accurate
- Logical thinker, problem solving ability
- Self disciplined with the ability to operate on own initiative
- Good Time keeper
- High Quality standards (TQM)
- Team player mentality
Variation of duties:
- This specification has been drawn up to cover all the main areas of responsibility, at the present time. It should not be considered as exclusive, as it may be necessary to adjust, add or remove functions at any time, which form a natural/logical part of the overall responsibility.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a significant contribution to a global organization, working within a challenging and fast-paced environment.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Page | 1