Strategic Account Manager UK
Strategic Account Manager UK
Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
To learn more, please visit our website http://www.optimas.com/
The Strategic Accounts Manager will be responsible for:
- Understanding, developing, and promoting the Company’s business objectives and participate with total enthusiasm and commitment to achieve and exceed them.
- Owning Strategic account management across multiple customer accounts, ensuring best in class service is always at the forefront of all we do.
- Representing Optimas to the customer to ensure that all business objectives are achieved; primarily looking at Sales, Gross Profit, EBITDA, E&O sales, Customer Debt and Service Levels.
- Driving the identification and securing of all New Business opportunities within Strategic your designated customer accounts.
- Ensuring regular business reviews are undertaken with your customers.
- Ensuring that you fully understand your work requirements and duties and have received the correct training.
Key objectives and responsibilities:
- Meet budget plan targets, KPIs and P&L performance contributing to UK month end and quarterly procedures.
- Communicate any customer or market intelligence that will better allow Optimas to succeed
- Adhere to and embrace the THREAD values of Optimas
- Lead by example, with a can-do attitude
- Nurture business growth opportunities
- Demonstrate proficiency in delivering the Optimas total value proposition to the customer and at all levels
- Developing, engaging, and maintaining cross functional teamwork and driving sound communication
- Regular attendance of on site and virtual customer meetings
- Attend internal management meetings as required
- Weekly updates/report outs to Senior P&L Leadership
- Provide excellent customer service through proactive customer interaction, ensuring clear communication internally/externally and build/maintain a strong relationship to aid in resolving any service, delivery, or other customer issues
- Drive support for Demand Planning and other internal departments to improve forecast accuracy percentages
- Support the development continuous improvement programs
- Coordinate and attend Customer Business Reviews. Any matters arising need to be communicated into the business via minutes
- Act as a channel for two-way communication between the Customers, and other departments as necessary
- Develop, engage, and maintain cross functional teamwork and drive communication between departments/support teams
- Identify and articulate customer goals and align with relevant solutions
- Drive Share of Wallet growth with your portfolio of customers
- Support the flow of new product line launches with customers, ensuring new parts are introduced and any old parts are managed out seamlessly
- Work closely with customers and colleagues to position new products with both new and existing accounts
- Ensure your HIPO’s and pipeline tracker is managed and updated via Hubspot
- Support the profitability management of your book of business by minimizing costs, providing colleagues with information to support price increase and E&O inventory, reporting on gaps to plan, and identifying opportunities for profit growth.
- Ensure timely and profitable disposal of excess and obsolete inventory claims with all Strategic customers
- Negotiate and drive margin improvement and timely resolution of negative margin and price increases ensuring payment for services
- Ensure that debts never exceed agreed Payment Terms. Assist in resolving any invoice/debit note queries
- Assist in resolving and closing out of Customer Complaints
- Be aware of and comply with all contractual agreements with the customer and ensure long term contracts are in place with all customers
- Ensure HubSpot and any other CRM tools are maintained
- Work closely and as one team with other departments ensuring one message for all
- This Job Description does not define all aspects of the Strategic Account Manager role. There will also be functions/requirements linked to individual customers that must be carried out in line with customer requirements.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Strategic Vision
- Strong & empathetic negotiation skills
- Industry expert
- Results driven
- Embraces change
- Best in class Customer Service & Sales skills
- Results focused
- A Team player
- Proven facilitator
- A strong project manager who embraces change…be a change agent
- You must be proactive, foresee challenges, and identify actions to resolve problems
- A people person and engaging with your direct peers and with the cross-functional departments
- A good negotiator and can be assertive when required
- Highly organized and decisive
- Highly numerate with financial awareness
- Good analytical and forecasting skills, encompassing excellent MS 365
- Excellence communication at all levels and across the organisation
Our company is fast-paced, dynamic and has enormous potential like few others, thriving in an industry that's highly demanding and very competitive. Our success so far is based on finding the best talent and putting them together to work in a friendly, challenging and exciting environment. Talent is everything for Optimas.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Page | 1