Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
To learn more, please visit our website http://www.optimas.com/
Optimas is currently searching for an enthusiastic and experienced Quality Engineer to work with the Quality Manager to manage the assigned regional APQP and Quality Engineering activities for Optimas UK, its Customers and Suppliers.
This role reports directly to the Regional Quality & Engineering Manager (UK)
- Manage the assigned regional APQP and Quality Engineering activities for Optimas UK, its Customers and Suppliers.
- Manage the assigned regional reduction of the COPQ with Customers and suppliers through robust APQP and effective problem-solving techniques (8D, Six Sigma) to ensure RFT products.
- Work on assigned non-conformance issues to ensure minimum disruption and cost to Customer builds schedules and Optimas service through the 8D process ensuring timely containment RCA and closure within targeted guidelines.
- Manage the cost recovery of all expenditure associated with the concerns process and ensure that all targets for cost recovery are met.
- Manage all assigned new / changed products through the Feasibility (SCD, VDA), APQP and PPAP processes to ensure RFT quality and expedited Customer approval
- Work with the supply chain and the Customer to ensure that Quality through APQP is built into the manufacturing process of all products that we procure and supply to ensure RFT
- Manage and expedite all new / changed part approvals with the Customer
- Support the business on Internal audits, the compliance and ongoing development of the Optimas business system processes and procedures.
- Produce performance reports and measures as directed by the business.
- Participate in any continuous improvement initiatives as directed by the business
- Manage the local Quarantine process to ensure all productivity and efficiency targets for Quarantine and RTV are met.
- Facilitate problem solving and continuous improvement activities in support of PTP and OTC requirements to drive internal performance.
- Manage and prepare key performance data and reports as directed by the RQM (QM) and required by the business.
- Manage the Inspection function for assigned customers to ensure that inspection work-loads are assessed, planned and delivered to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Provide support to the Inspection function during times of stress.
- Manage and complete the Internal Audit Schedule as assigned and ensure that all actions arising are closed expediently in line with agreed arrangements.
- Ensure that all requirements for documentation and traceability are maintained with in defined requirements.
- Work collaboratively with peers and other departments to deliver on the wider business objectives – THREAD
- Other relevant tasks and duties, as assigned.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Customer QOS
• Concerns Days Open
• PPAP RFT
• PPAP Approvals
• Quarantine & RTV KPI
- Cost Recovery KPI
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Quality, Metallurgical or Engineering Qualification
- Proven work experience in a Quality Role
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems
- 8D Problem Solving and / or Six Sigma Green Belt
- Working knowledge of APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA & PPAP
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing Tool-Box
- Knowledge of fasteners and associated manufacturing processes
- Ability to use or understand the use of a wide range of measurement and test equipment
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings / specifications
- Ability to travel and work away from home
- Full driving license
- Computer literate (PowerPoint, Excel & Word)
- A strong character with effective communication skills both by email; phone and face to face.
- Ability to multi-task to meet deadlines yet with a good attention to detail, are essential qualities required for this role
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast-paced environment, where there is never a dull moment! We are looking for the right person who can make an impact in a short period of time, ‘hit-the-ground-running’ and embark on the role with full enthusiasm and determination.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Page | 1