Credit Controller - NA region
AR / Credit Controller to provide financial, administrative and clerical services. The position is based in Gloucester, UK, and will be part of the Global Accounts Receivable team.
The AR / Credit Controller will be responsible for:
- Proactive collection of payment on AR debt across designated customer accounts.
- Timely identification of risks due to late/non payment, escalating to AR management and relevant sales contacts.
- Collate and communicate customer remittances to the cash allocation drive to ensure timely cash allocation and appropriate customer ageing.
- Maintain records of invoices, debits, and credits, with latest actions, owners and next steps to secure resolution/payment.
- Identify and communicate any customer disputes/debits relating to price, shortage or QA issues and work with sales and the customers to resolve, identifying root cause, working with Team Leader and sales to ensure future instances are mitigated. Create and influence sales to approve credits in a timely manner where applicable to enable prompt resolution of any payment disputes.
- Chase repayment of invalidated customer claims/deductions.
- Review and maintain customer held order process, timely communication and decision making on the use of held orders to leverage customer payment, working collaboratively with sales to ensure wider business objective and relationships are taken into consideration.
- Review and support process to recommend customer revised credit limits to the Credit Manager where orders are routing to credit hold due to the customer credit limit being exceeded.
- Review and coordinate customer payment plans with the Credit Manager, and work with the customer and sales to ensure that these are adhered to.
- Support the summarising of the monthly regional Top 20 receivables debt issues, with latest action, owner and clearance timeframe.
- Support quarterly write offs and provisioning with full history and back up for eligible aged debt items.
- Arrange and attend internal debt meetings with sales, and attend external customer debt meetings as required with Team Leader and Manager.
- Support external and internal audits.
- Adhere to Global AR KPI’s and Optimas internal controls.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision.
- Building organizational capacity.
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Customer value and Market focus.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 0 – 3 years of relevant experience of an accounting environment.
- Good knowledge of excel, including v-look up’s and pivot tables.
- Drive and commitment to achieving targets and deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects efficiently.
- Dynamic, hard-working, resilient and reliable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- MRO/Industry experience preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Page | 1