Monterrey, NL, Mexico
Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for optimizing product availability and lowest cost in a multi-location global distribution environment. Outstanding collaboration with other members of the Supply Chain, Sourcing, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Support Teams is critical to achieve the objectives.
The Senior Buyer will be responsible for the following:
- Respond to demand requests and place purchase orders for materials to meet requirements.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure cost, quality and supply assurance goals are met.
- Monitor purchase price variances and resolve shipping & invoice discrepancies
- Implement supply chain strategies & manage day to day supply issues.
- Manage inventory levels based on market rate of demand.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Collaborate with strategic sourcing on supplier roadmaps and strategies.
- Manage supplier compliance to contracts (costs, lead-times, terms, etc).
- Monitor and manage supplier delivery performance.
- Identify, resolve, and expedite issues to ensure timely identification and procurement of materials.
- Communicate pertinent information to both internal customers and international suppliers to keep apprised and to prevent problems.
- Streamline procurement processes with efficient use of ERP/MRP systems and other tool.
- Assure that all system generated planning tasks are executed and all system data is maintained.
The ideal candidate must have the following competencies:
- Knowledge of materials management, supply chain, distribution, warehousing and purchasing.
- PC proficient, working knowledge of MS Office applications, Microsoft Dynamics AX experience desired.
- Strong communication skills and a team player.
- Good organizational skills – ability to prioritize and do problem solving independent of supervision.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to exercise and apply critical thinking to day-to-day situations.
- Solid experience in working with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using formulas, inserting charts, sorting, pivot tables).
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Possess financial awareness and ability to perform basic cost/benefit analysis.
- Knowledge of global market conditions and the impact to the specific cost drivers of those products under his/her responsibility.
- Strong ability to solve problems and produce alternative solutions.
- Detail-oriented with effective time management and prioritization skills.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree in Supply Chain Management, Management, or similar field combined with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in purchasing in a manufacturing environment/working directly with industrial manufacturing suppliers. Relevant work history and experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Working knowledge of purchasing and supply chain concepts with APICS, CPIM, NAPM certification and/or association a plus.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.