Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
To learn more, please visit our website http://www.optimas.com/
The Buyer is responsible for reviewing new customer enquiries, converting them into Supplier RFQ's and negotiating with a global supply base to achieve best total cost of acquisition.
The role requires an individual with relevant experience within the industrial/manufacturing sector, who is looking to develop within a dynamic and fast moving environment. The role crosses a broad range of commodities, interaction with a global supply base and direct contact with a diverse customer base.
The Buyer / New Business Source will:
- Manage the company’s supply portfolio ensuring transparency of spending
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies
- Analyze and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure
- Invent negotiation strategies and secure profitable deals
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency
- Cooperate with stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes
- Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Estimate risks and apply risk minimizing techniques
- Discover and partner with trustworthy vendors and suppliers
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Other tasks and duties, as required.
Skills and Qualifications required:
The ideal candidate must have the following competencies:
- Preferably experience of an industrial/manufacturing sourcing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English, as will be communicating with Global teams
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Sense of urgency and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of simultaneous projects
- Right first time mentality.
- Drive, determination, and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results.
- Task leadership.
- Working as part of a team.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to organize workload.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
Optimas is strongly committed to creating and preserving equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Optimas makes all employment decisions – including recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, termination, and other personnel matters – based on merit, and without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics or conduct. Optimas’ strong commitment to equal opportunity requires a commitment by each individual employee. Compliance with the letter and spirit of this policy is required of all employees. Violations of this policy should be immediately reported to your Supervisor, Human Resources or the Legal Department.