Cold Header Operator
Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
Cold header operators will have the opportunity to be part of a team responsible for running cold heading machines and producing parts for the heavy truck, automotive, and many other markets, working for an industry leading global distributor and manufacturer of fasteners and other components.
- Use of basic measuring instruments, micrometer and Clippers
- Reading of Production prints
- Use of machine control units SPC & process monitoring systems
- Use of hand tools
- Good housekeeping of equipment, work area, and other assigned areas
- Ability to change header tooling
- Follow instructions and directions from supervisor
- Assist operators with production duties
- Check dimensional characteristics of headed blanks and maintain quality records
- Change tools and make set-ups for standard and semi-special products, as required
The ideal candidate must have the following competencies:
- Customer Service
- Results focused
- Communication Skills
- Decision Making
- Working as part of a team
- Problem solving
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to use computer programs
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-5 years relevant experience required, Manufacturing setting preferred.
- Ability to read, understand and maintain records as required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- May also require material handling equipment certification
- Knowledge of cold heading machine set-up for standard and special products
- Demonstrates effective oral communication skills
- Data Entry
At Optimas we believe in having a competitive compensation scheme to motivate and retain our employees. More information will be given throughout the process.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.