Founded in Birmingham in 1932 as the ‘Barton Rivet Company’, we relocated to Droitwich Spa in 1950, and in 2006 moved to our current 55,000 sq. ft facility. In 2015, Barton were brought in to the Optimas business as the second manufacturing site within the group, alongside our North America plant in Wood Dale, Chicago.
Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world.
To learn more, please visit our website http://www.optimas.com/
Optimas is currently searching for an experienced Toolmaker for the production and repair of cold forging tool sets.
This position reports to The Tooling & design Manager.
- Manufacture and fitting of production tooling to very tight tolerances
- Use of and daily maintenance of all tool room equipment, conventional lathes, milling machines, surface and cylindrical grinders, hydraulic presses
- Possible use of CNC, VMC and EDMs, bar-feed lathe including setting, programming and operating
- Self certification of work in accordance with the Quality and Continual Improvement commitment
- To assist management and staff in the identification and introduction of all reasonable measures to improve productivity, quality and working methods and conditions as part of the continual improvement and TQM programmes.
- Maintain high production rates of items with consistently high levels of accuracy and quality in line with Company requirements.
- Must work with minimum supervision within overall team structure.
- Ensure that you fully understand your work requirements and duties and highlight any training needs and requirements to enable you to undertake your duties
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision
- Building organizational capacity
- Results driven
- Embrace change
- Collaboration and Influence
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Customer value and Market focus
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Accurate machining on lathes, surface and cylindrical grinders and milling machines.
- Understanding and reading Engineering drawings to BS 308.
- Fault detection.
- Communication. (Verbal & Written)
- GCSE (or equivalent) Grade 4 or above in: Mathematics & English
- Preferred - OND or ONC Engineering (Mechanical/Production/Manufacturing or equivalent)
- Preferred - Nationally recognised apprenticeship.
- Preferred - NVQ Level 2 or above in relevant discipline.
Variation of duties:
- This specification has been drawn up to cover all the main areas of responsibility, at the present time. It should not be considered as exclusive, as it may be necessary to adjust, add or remove functions at any time, which form a natural/logical part of the overall responsibility.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a significant contribution to a global organization, working within a challenging and fast-paced environment.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Page | 1