These positions handle a variety of roles ranging from managing projects to supporting pre-sales activities. However, their primary role is post-sales delivery of projects/programs – ensuring on time and on budget performance, potentially in an individual and/or combined team environment.
In addition, the role requires the individual to serve as a liaison between the client, project members and Oakwood Systems Group management, providing status, managing expectations, addressing issues/concerns/risks, building team effectiveness, and managing timelines, deliverables, costs and contract oversight.
Required Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate would bring:
- 5+ years in Information Technology, managing or leading the delivery of IT projects in a project management role.
- Experience leading multiple full life cycle projects, preferably around Microsoft technologies.
- Experience working with iterative development methodologies (Agile, RUP, PMBOK – others).
- The ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management, as well as the business and technical communities.
- The ability to create and drive the processes involved in delivering successful engagements.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be productive independently and/or as a team member.
- Professional image and demeanor with the ability to present oneself in a consultative, confident and ethical manner.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of applications (MS Project Professional, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, and others; nice to have: MS Project Server, OneNote, Visio, SharePoint Administration, and others)
- PMP or other formal Project Management certification preferred.
Qualified candidates must be a resident of the metropolitan St. Louis area or be willing to relocate to the St. Louis area. This position is a full-time, base-salaried role that offers professional growth through a career management program and working collaboratively as part of the Oakwood team.