Northwest Center is hiring an Accessibility Partner to join our team!
As an Accessibility Partner, you will be providing sighted assistance to an employee in the technology field. You will partner with the person to anticipate and address barriers and obstacles in the workplace and during the workday. We are looking for someone who is dedicated to ensuring an equitable work experience.
Position Title: Accessibility Partner
Location: Redmond, WA and Remote
Wage: $21.00 - $26.00 per hour DOE
Schedule: Monday – Friday; Full-Time
What we can offer:
- Competitive and affordable Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits equal to 3.4 weeks in your first year
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP)
- Six free therapy sessions per year through Spring Health
- Gym & Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Seeking to understand the ways to best partner with and empower the employee through relationship building
- Clearly and professionally communicating visual cues from in-person interactions and rendering visual descriptions to the employee as appropriate
- Creating and reformatting all documents into an accessible format as needed
- Maintaining and supporting an electronic document filing system
- Supporting in daily key tasks such as taking notes, administrative tasks that may be inaccessible, building visual images or graphics, and presentations in-person or virtual
- Proactively working to anticipate and address barriers and reprioritizing tasks based on the needs of the employee
- Growing your knowledge of support practices and skills on digital and physical accessibility tools through participation in self-research, learning different strategies, workshops, professional meetings, networking, and reading of current literature in the field of accessibility
- One or more years experience working in direct service, job coaching, disability-focused human services field, or administrative support
- Tech-savvy with an in-depth understanding of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information, including sensitive human resources situations
- Valid Driver's license and personal mode of transportation
- Experience working with people who are visually impaired, or blind preferred
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veteran status.