Accounting Specialist - A/R and Billing
Northwest Center is looking to add an Accounting Specialist – A/R and Billing to the team!
At Northwest Center, we are hailed as one of the nation's largest and most comprehensive organizations serving the community with disability inclusion programs and services. We envision a day when all people have the same opportunities to grow, contribute to our society and enjoy a fulfilling life.
We are seeking a passionate and highly motivated Accounting Specialist to join our growing team. This person will be responsible for the billing of all divisions within Northwest Center. Duties include performing functions to coordinate activity for multiple invoice types, accurately post billings to internal and external systems, and pursue accounts receivable collections related to outstanding balances. This position provides strong customer service to our operating businesses by supporting customer billing, data entry, Accounts Receivable, and Collections support.
Apply today and join an organization that makes a difference!
Wage Range: $26 – $27.25 per hour
Location: Renton, WA
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- 17 Accrued Paid Time Off Days Annually
- 7 Paid Holidays + 1.5 Days of Floating Holiday; 3 Floating Holiday days annually after one year
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program - $25 per month
- Student Loan Contribution Program - $50 per month
- Highly skilled, dedicated, and collaborative team
- Northwest Center is proud to offer its staff an Income Protection Benefit to those potentially affected by COVID-19
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com
- Receive, Review and Process billing for all divisions of Northwest Center
- Interact with internal and external customers in a collaborative and positive manner
- Meet input, processing, and production deadlines with consistency, accuracy, and timeliness
- Verify customer, department, and account coding and approval
- Integrate and record billings from input/source software application(s) into the general ledger
- Create, analyze, maintain, and/or post adjustments or other information into customer accounts as needed (debit memos, credit memos, term discounts, etc.)
- Regularly monitor receivables balances and coordinate appropriate collection follow-up, internally and externally, in collaboration with operating divisions
- Accurately perform reconciliations of the account receivable subsidiary ledger to the general ledger
- Associates Degree or minimum three (3) years Billing and Accounts Receivable experience
- Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) software experience is strongly preferred
- Smart Connect or Integration experience preferred
- Experience working in a multiple company, multi-division, or multi-department environment
- Experience working with several billing systems (including online portals)
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Customer service orientation: open and collaborative work style with internal and external customers
- Demonstrated success working in confidential, deadline-driven environments
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on multiple tasks
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion toward a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.