Business Manager for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
Join our team as our Business Manager!
We are looking for a highly motivated and collaborative individual to fill the role of business manager. It requires strength in project management, execution, communication, and collaboration. This individual will report to the Account Director with dotted lines reporting to the Director, Program Services & Sr. Director. Reception Services. Success in this role means that you must be able to think strategically and effectively develop key processes that facilitate business planning and execution. This position requires extensive cross-group coordination at all levels, and the ability to manage high volume, high impact work on short deadlines. The ideal candidate will have a strong bias for action with a proven track record of conceptualizing and implementing innovative solutions within ambiguous environments.
Location: South Lake Union- Seattle, WA
Hours: Monday-Friday between 7:30AM - 6:00PM with occasional nights and weekends
Salary: $83,634 per year
*** Please submit resume and cover letter ***
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Execution & Management: Drive high-impact team projects, project manage major team deliverables, developing work back plans and ensuring milestones, report-outs, and timelines are met. Acting as Chief of Staff for various Executive Level personnel driving special projects, and new business initiatives in partnership with Operation/People/Program Managers.
- Business Planning: Help leadership filter and balance priorities to align time and focus with key priorities of each program. Partner with various leadership members to manage the planning process ensuring coordination with corporate/client planning processes. Work with cross-division and cross-company/team counterparts to manage team participation as needed.
- Support to Leadership: Act as trusted advisor to leadership, preparing clear agendas, briefing materials, and ensuring follow-up actions are documented, completed and results recorded. Collect background information, intelligence, supporting data, package them and present to leader to maximize their impact at internal/external engagements.
- Business Process Improvement: Understand the operating model, objectives and how they translate into the need for efficient, standardized, scalable business processes, organizational structures, and operations. Analyzing existing processes, applying different techniques and methods, including documentation of the existing flows. Codify the customer experience and recommend process improvements to address priorities and objectives.
NEEDED EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 4+ years of experience in Business Management of high performing programs
- Ability to clearly communicate high level strategy and details effectively across disciplines, locations, and organizations, including to executive leadership.
- Organization, planning, and business skills alongside strategic thinking ability
- Keen understanding for how to deliver excellent results within a talented team, as well as being able to drive change across other organizations
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals, across globally-distributed teams
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office
- Background leading strategic planning and execution across a corporate organization
- Extensive experience in Project Management & Process Improvement
- Commitment to Northwest Center’s mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
- Commitment to Equity and Diversity with an established understanding of how this commitment impacts the workplace.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively motivate others. Lead change and innovation
- Manages confidentiality without exception.
- Maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
- Detailed oriented & thorough, with ability to imagine the “big picture”.
- Passion to foster an inclusive and diverse culture through initiatives, training & education, communications, and implementing optimizations based on high-level goals.
- Responds calmly and professionally to emergencies, angry customers, or other stressful situations in the workplace.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good judgment in areas of responsibility. Identifies or assists in identifying alternative solutions to problems or situations.
- Regularly seeks new and improved methodologies for enhancing the effectiveness of organization. Employs imagination and creativity in the application of duties and responsibilities. Is not averse to change.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- Variable working hours between 07:30AM and 6:00PM with occasional nights and weekends
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to move within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Ability to read, write, communicate and comprehend the English language
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including occasionally arriving early, staying late on a moment’s notice and occasional evening and weekend shifts.
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity