School Age Assistant Teacher
As a School-Age Assistant Teacher, you will work as part of a dynamic team, supporting Lead Teachers in developing and implementing positive, nurturing, and stimulating activities suited for the developmental needs of the children. While there is an assigned schedule to ensure smooth transitions and staff breaks, you will be flexible, jumping in enthusiastically where needed. Maintaining confidentiality and nurturing supportive relationships with all NWC Kids' families is your primary mission.
Northwest Center Kids provides early learning programs for children with and without disabilities in the same classroom, recognizing each child as a unique individual. We're a place where kids of all abilities can reach their full potential, together. We need you to help make it happen.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8-hour shift, between the hours of 7:00 AM- 6:00 PM
Wage: $18.50 per hour + $750 hiring bonus!
*$250 to be paid out after 30 days of employment, and $500 to be paid out after 90 days of employment*
- Nurtures positive relationships with children of all ages
- Maintains confidentiality and professional relationships with families
- Maintains developmentally appropriate classroom
- When Seattle Public Schools are in session, the work schedule includes school-age classrooms in afternoons. When school is not in session, full days with school-aged children
- Participates in events such as staff meetings, and conferences designed to ensure a quality early learning program
- Gives direction and training to substitutes and floaters
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Gym & Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Paid professional development and continuing education
- Eligible for a tuition discount after one year at our NWC Early Learning Schools
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
- One (1) year experience working with children, ages birth to twelve (emphasis on ages six-twelve)
- Able to lift in excess of 25 lbs
- Able to bend, sit at child’s level and play
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected]
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.