Developmental Specialist or Special Educator
Northwest Center Kids is seeking a Developmental Specialist or Special Educator to join our Early Supports Team.
Are you ready to work with an established community agency that values work/life balance and creates space for innovation? Work within a diverse, supportive team making a difference in the lives of families and their young children at Northwest Center.
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday - Friday
Wage: $25.00 - $37.45 per hour DOE + $2,000 hiring bonus!
*$500 to be paid out after 60 days of employment, and $1,500 to be paid out after 90 days of employment*
About the role:
Northwest Center Kids is seeking a Developmental Specialist or Special Educator to join our highly-skilled, collaborative, and innovative multidisciplinary team serving a diverse community. This position provides evaluative, therapeutic, and consultative services to children, birth to three years old, who have delays or concerns with motor, feeding, social-emotional and sensory development, utilizing evidence and a relationship-based lens.
We serve children in their homes, childcare, and community settings in person or via telemedicine. Our providers aim to create a collaborative partnership with the families we serve, utilizing strengths and a relationship-based approach focused on equity and family priorities. Family capacity to support their child’s development and advocate for their needs are built through reflection, information sharing, and modeling.
At Northwest Center Kids, our staff is provided funding and time for their ongoing professional development. Our specialty early supports programs have been developed by dedicated staff being supported to innovate based on family/child needs. These programs include our EPIC team, feeding team, Hospital-to-Home transition team, CHERISH replication team, infant mental health team, and parent programming.
You will work alongside an experienced team of providers and have opportunities to pursue your special interests, share your knowledge, and receive reflective supervision. A successful candidate is passionate about the whole child, culturally responsive, and works cooperatively with staff, families, and community partners.
What we can offer:
- Salaried, full-time position, including documentation time
- Competitive and affordable Medical (Including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance
- 17 Accrued Paid Time Off Days Annually
- 20 Paid Holidays + 1 Day of Floating Holiday; 2 Floating Holiday days annually after one year
- Parental Leave & Paid Compassion Leave
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program - $25 per month
- Student Loan Contribution Program - $50 per month
- Opportunity to become a mentor or mentee through NWC’s Mentorship Match program
- Paid professional development and continuing education - $635 per year
- Highly skilled, dedicated, and well-established collaborative team
- Mileage and Professional License Reimbursement
- Northwest Center is proud to offer its staff an Income Protection Benefit to those potentially affected by COVID-19
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
- Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education or Early Childhood Special Education or related field, e.g. early childhood education, child development, child and family studies, etc.
- B.A. Degree in Special Education or Early Childhood Special Education; Master’s degree preferred
- Washington State Teaching Certificate with an Endorsement in Early Child Special Education preferred
- Knowledge of evaluation/assessment, family systems, and early learning strategies an curriculum preferred
- At least one year of experience working in early learning or field work that includes a pediatric affiliation
- The ability to drive to support clients within the Greater Seattle area
- Early Supports or working a caseload including clients aged birth to three experience preferred
- Candidates with experience providing services in a non-English language, feeding therapy, and/or infant mental health experience desired
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.