Senior Manager, Reception Programs for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
NWC @ AMAZON is hiring a Senior Manager, Reception Services for our growing AHQ location!!
Because we are stronger together, we encourage those in our communities who identify as BIPOC , LGBTQIA+, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc)
Under the Direction of the Senior Director of Reception, the Senior Manager, Reception Services will drive continuous improvement for our managed programs and align program deliverables with organizational goals and service level targets. The successful candidate is results-driven, collaborative and a creative leader who engages with cross functional teams while simultaneously managing multiple initiatives to achieve determined objectives. This position requires a strong blend of project management and execution within a high-profile, customer-service oriented environment.
Location: Crystal City, VA & Greater DMV Area
Salary: DOE with excellent benefits
Hours: M-F between 7:30AM - 6:00PM with occasional longer days depending on workload
***Please attach a cover letter and resume to your application***
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for leadership level development through individualized goal creation and training plans to ensure that employees achieve professional development goals.
- Help to bond, unify, and promote growth for levels of supervisory and management leadership.
- Supports and embraces an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Understands and promotes Northwest Center’s mission throughout the workplace, working as an ambassador of the OneNWC culture.
- Works to promote equity and inclusion throughout the division.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with NWC and Amazon policies and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities include recruitment and interviewing, training and supporting staff; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and providing corrective feedback to employees and effective escalation resolution.
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages retention and talent.
- Work collaboratively across the organization with different job levels and departments.
- Work collaboratively with training leadership on developmental opportunities for the reception programs, focusing on continuous improvement and new scope development.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction, to the entire Reception Team, including temporary workers. Primarily focusing on leading and providing direction to each geographic manager.
- Ensure operational continuity across the Puget Sound campus between managers, holding employees accountable for excellence and providing the best customer experience. Guaranteeing consistent use of operating procedures, and company/client policies.
- Identify potential challenges and opportunities within the reception program. Identify and understand the root cause of issues and associated impacts to the program and the customer. Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to implement timely solutions.
- Communicate regularly with internal stakeholders to both obtain and disseminate information about the planned activities of the space, ensuring team members are knowledgeable and confident about operations.
- Monitor and analyze program service level agreements (SLA’s) and key performance indicators (KPI’s), identifying and recommending ongoing process improvements to ensure programs meet or exceed those targets.
- Provide monitoring and workforce management techniques to make intra-day adjustments in an effort to maximize resource efficiency and achieve service level goals / business objectives.
- Perform continual analysis of current performance (noting recent historical trends) and conduct real-time re-forecasting to make necessary adjustments in staffing plans and coordinate with Operations teams to achieve service level goals / business objectives for a multi-site operation.
- Researches and identifies potential solutions that will help the business reduce contacts, reduce expenses and improve efficiency while improving customer satisfaction.
Strategic Vision & Planning
- Partner with Sr. Director and other Divisional Executive team members on long term growth initiatives for the program, providing insight into operational effectiveness and impact to the program.
- Design project plans to advance company’s information systems, implement said plans upon approval, assign project activities to personnel and monitor milestone and completion progress.
- Develop and implement effective evaluation methods to assess program strengths and areas in need of address and improvement.
- Become the solutions provider and subject matter expert of the program, reviewing roadblocks and program challenges and working with leadership team on scalable solutions.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Demonstrated commitment to Equity, Inclusion and Diversity with an established understanding of how this commitment impacts the workplace.
- Experienced voice and participant with work involving racial equity, anti-racism and the intersectional experience of oppressed groups.
NEEDED EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in Program Management and operations of high performing programs with direct supervision of management level staff.
- Ability to clearly communicate high level strategy and details effectively across disciplines, locations, and organizations, including to executive leadership.
- Organization, planning, and business skills alongside strategic thinking ability.
- Keen understanding for how to deliver excellent results within a talented team, as well as being able to drive change across other organizations.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals, across globally-distributed teams.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office
- 7+ Years management experience.
- Background leading strategic planning and execution across a corporate organization.
- Experience in budget management and oversight over company P&L and operational planning to meet financial targets.
- Experience in Capacity Planning
- Commitment to Northwest Center’s mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively motivate others. Lead change and innovation.
- Manages confidentiality without exception.
- Maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
- Detailed oriented & thorough, with ability to see the “big picture”.
- Passion to foster an inclusive and diverse culture through initiatives, training & education, communications, and implementing optimizations based on high-level goals.
- Responds calmly and professionally to emergencies, angry customers, or other stressful situations in the workplace.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good judgment in areas of responsibility. Identifies or assists in identifying alternative solutions to problems or situations.
- Regularly seeks new and improved methodologies for enhancing the effectiveness of organization. Employs imagination and creativity in the application of duties and responsibilities. Is not averse to change.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- Variable working hours between 07:30AM and 6:00PM with occasional nights and weekends.
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to move consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Ability to read, write, communicate and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including occasionally arriving early, staying late on a moment’s notice and occasional evening and weekend shifts.
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
WHO WE ARE
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we value and accept diversity and inclusion. We promote this by encouraging our employees to participate and contribute to our various employee resource groups. Some examples of the groups include Black Affinity Group (BAG), PRISM (LGBTQIA+ Group) and our Equity Committee. These resource groups promote diversity and inclusion, provide resources to employees, and play an important role in creating a community at Northwest Center! Our culture is encouraging, promotes growth and believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veteran’s status.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.IND123