Northwest Center is looking for our next Grounds Supervisor!
We are Integrated Facilities Services (IFS), a world-class janitorial and building services operation and part of Northwest Center, a nonprofit dedicated to advocating for people with disabilities and advancing equal opportunities in education and employment.
We are seeking our next Grounds Supervisor to work throughout the Seattle area. This full-time role offers flexibility, competitive pay and benefits, and opportunities to advance. The Grounds Supervisor will work with our landscaping maintenance crews, providing training, ensuring a high level of contract compliance, and working to grow our grounds business.
This could be your job if you want to join a great team and an organization working to create a more inclusive community and world.
Location: Greater Seattle, WA
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Wage Range: $25.00 to $30.00 per hour
Additional Compensation: $4.23 Per Hour Health & Welfare $1,000 Hiring Bonus
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- 17 Accrued Paid Time Off Days Annually
- 11 paid holidays
- Parental Leave and Paid Compassion Leave
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Opportunity to become a mentor or mentee through NWC’s Mentorship Match program
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP), including six free therapy sessions per year
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program - $25 per month
- Student Loan Contribution Program - $50 per month
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
- Supervising IFS crews at customer sites to ensure contract compliance and customer service
- Training crew members on safety protocols, blood-borne pathogens information, and OSHA and WISHA regulations
- Collecting data to include daily work logs, time sheets, and maintenance logs
- Conducting monthly safety inspections of all IFS supplies and equipment
- Performing grounds maintenance functions, including chemical applications, irrigation system start-up, weatherization, tree trimming, and other specialized tasks as needed
- Maintaining costs at or below budget
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with customer service representatives
- Growing IFS's grounds business by soliciting new clients and bidding for new work
- Experience of commercial grounds maintenance operations
- Supervisory experience (2+ years preferred)
- Experience working with commercial irrigation systems
- The ability to perform light maintenance on landscaping equipment
- Must have or be willing to obtain a pesticide applicator license within the first six months of employment
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- The ability to lift to 75lbs
- The ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Acceptable 5-year driving record
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate, support, live, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.