Northwest Center is looking for an Employment Specialist to join our team!
Are you looking to make a difference in your community? Are you a passionate, self-motivated, innovative, investigative, team-oriented person with sales or social service experience? Northwest Center takes pride in prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion. Be a part of the team that is leading the workplace inclusion revolution!
Employment Specialists support adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) to attain or maintain employment. This unique industry allows you to build connections in your community, create local opportunities, and place people in jobs that match their skills. As an entry-level position in the field of disability employment services, this is a great opportunity for those looking to enter a Social Services or Human Services career.
Schedule: Part-Time; Monday - Sunday
Wage: $18.75 - $20.50 per hour + mileage reimbursement
Location: Sandpoint, ID
(Area includes: Bonner and Boundary Counties)
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Contribution Program
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com
Basic Expectations of your role:
- Providing one-on-one career coaching and retention services for adults with disabilities
- Empowering people with disabilities to reach their full potential
- Building skills and confidence of clients to find employment through resume creation, interview preparation, on-site job training, benefits planning, person-centered planning, assessments services, etc.
- Engaging with community partners to connect clients with support services
- Building relationships with local companies to create job opportunities
- Plus a multitude of other industry-specific support services
- One or more years of experience working in direct service, job coaching, or disability-focused human services field
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- A flexible schedule to support clients when they work, which may include occasional weekends and holidays
- Valid Driver's license and personal mode of transportation
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.