Speech Language Pathologist
Northwest Center is looking for a Speech Language Pathologist to join our Early Supports team!
Are you passionate about empowering caregivers in promoting their child’s development in the community from the start? Are you looking for a rewarding career working with an innovative and supportive team while also maintaining a healthy work-life balance? We have a business model that gives us latitude for innovation, cross-training, a variety of specialist programs, and career development.
As a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) you will provide evaluative, therapeutic, and consultative services to children who have delays or disorders in language, cognitive, social, emotional, and speech abilities. We offer a part-time, flexible schedule and invest in our employee's professional development. A benefit of being on our team is the ability to learn with a diverse group of professionals. Join Northwest Center’s Early Supports Team!
Location: West Seattle with hybrid in-office/remote work options available
Schedule: Part-Time, 24 Hours a week with a flexible schedule + room to grow into Full-Time role
Wage: $31.25 - $45.67 per hour DOE + $1,500 hiring bonus!
- Competitive and affordable Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Verizon Wireless employee discount
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP)
- Hourly position (24 hours a week) including documentation time
- Mileage, CPR, and Department of Health License Reimbursement
- Paid professional development and continuing education
- Reflective Supervision
- Highly skilled, well-established collaborative team
- The opportunity to lead programs, get involved in research, participate in specialty teams and innovative projects
✶ Northwest Center is proud to offer its staff an income Protection Benefit to those potentially affected by COVID-19.
About the Role:
We serve children in their homes, childcare locations, and community settings and use a strength-based coaching model to build family capacity through information sharing, modeling, and reflection. We support professional development, financially and with time, and are committed to our staff reaching their full potential.
Our nine specialty early supports programs have been developed by dedicated staff being supported to innovate based on family/child needs. Examples of these programs are our EPIC team, feeding team, hospital-to-home transition team, CHERISH replication team, infant mental health team, and parent programming.
You will work alongside a team of people with decades of experience and have opportunities to pursue your special interests, share your knowledge, and receive reflective supervision. We are a highly-skilled, dedicated, collaborative, and innovative multidisciplinary team serving a diverse caseload of children aged birth to three.
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Licensed in the State of Washington
- Reliable transportation, auto insurance, and WA driver’s license required
- One or more year’s experience working in pediatrics or training that includes a pediatric affiliation required
- Must have or obtain current CPR and First Aid certifications
- Experience in early support or working a caseload including client's birth to three preferred
- Experience with an understanding of family involvement in therapy preferred
- Experience in feeding is a plus
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.