Assistant Director - Greenwood
Northwest Center is looking for an Assistant Director to join our Early Learning team at Greenwood. It is our mission to provide an inclusive environment in which all families receive individualized programs of education, advocacy, therapy, and family support that nurtures the development of children with and without disabilities.
We are looking for people who believe in a child-centered philosophy of how children learn and grow and who have thorough knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices. As an Assistant Director, you will assist the Director with all aspects of the program operations including supervising staff, working closely with families, invoicing/budgeting, and creating a daily schedule.
Location: Seattle, WA (Greenwood)
Schedule: Monday - Friday
Salary: DOE + Great Benefits
- Mentors teachers, assistant teachers and on call teaching staff
- Serve as a resource for teachers
- Nurtures positive relationships with children of all ages
- Stays informed regarding licensing requirements and best practice. Compliance with DEL, health standards, Northwest Center policies and procedures
- Participates in events such as staffings, staff meetings, and conferences to ensure a quality Early Learning Program
- Ensures teamwork with inter-disciplinary team members and other professionals
- Tours prospective families and coordinates enrollment
- Supports parents/families with intakes and child development.
- Bachelor’s degree with 45 credits of Early Childhood Education
- 3+ years’ experience working in a classroom with children age 0-5
We’ve got you covered:
We offer great benefits to all our full-time employees including medical, elective dental and vision, 401K with company match, paid time off, paid holiday, Value Village discount, and more!
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.