Amazon Spheres - Guest Experience Team Member for Northwest Center Services
The Amazon Spheres are a place where employees can think and work differently surrounded by more than 40,000 plants from the cloud forest regions of over 30 countries.
As a Guest Experience Team Member, you are excited to share what you learn (about plants, architecture, amenities, campus policies), you greet every guest, engage in conversations, and make everyone feel welcome. You are an active listener who connects people to information that meets their needs, answers questions they didn’t even know they had, and adds excitement and curiosity to their day. You will succeed in this role if you communicate with enthusiasm, passion and energy.
An individual who is successful in this role will not only have an eagerness to impact the guest experience, but also be committed to the team they work with. This requires proactively communicating with fellow staff on information and coverage for the space, gauging when the space is busy and adapt where staff support is needed, and supporting the check in process and line control. Being present, on time, and managing your schedule is key to the overall team’s success.
Hours of operation are 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday, and 10:00 am to 6:00 pm on the first and third Saturdays of each month. Flexibility in this role is key, as it requires weekend work to cover Public Saturday events each month. On these weeks, staff will work a five-day work week with their days off split between an assigned weekday and Sunday. Additional night and weekend work may occur for special events and activations.
Schedule: Hours of operation are 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday, and 10:00 am to 6:00 pm on the first and third Saturdays of each month. Flexibility in this role is key, as it requires weekend work to cover Public Saturday events on the first and third Saturday of each month. On these weeks, staff will work a five-day work week with their days off split between an assigned weekday and Sunday.
Starting Wage: $22.30 per hour | Full Wage Range: $22.30 - $26.45 per hour
What we can offer:
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- 17 Accrued Paid Time Off Days Annually
- Additional 11 Annual Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, and Paid Compassion
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program - $25 per month
- Student Loan Contribution Program - $50 per month
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
- Provide a positive experience through engagement, information sharing and appropriate conversation by greeting all visitors in a friendly, warm, professional and courteous manner and ensure all standard operating policies and procedures are followed.
- Anticipate guest and visitor needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Maintain situational awareness and close observation of each visitor and proactively help as necessary for a successful visit.
- Verbally welcome customers upon entrance.
- Act as the point of reference for guests & Amazon employees who need assistance or information.
- Help resolve any escalations with guests and visitors in a professional and polite manner.
- Arrive in the Spheres Ambassador uniform. Launder as necessary, in order to ensure a professional appearance.
- Acquire and maintain relevant knowledge of the plant life in the Spheres highlighting unique plants in the space. Be prepared to offer insight and speak to the concept, timeline and design of the Spheres.
- Facilitate the opening and closing of the Spheres, providing oversight of the space and ensuring it is clean, organized and customer-ready at all times.
- Execute operational assignments during scheduled shifts while actively engaging with visitors and answering questions.
- Utilize organization-specific computer programs to check-in guests and confirm validity prior to entering the Spheres.
- Communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and managers using provided radios, instant messaging software and email.
- Attend and actively participate in all scheduled meetings and training sessions to maintain current information on the Spheres, Understory and Amazon-related topics and events.
- Immediately communicate escalations or facility issues through the appropriate channels, while ensuring visibility is provided to leadership.
- Cross trained to assist at the front desk during special events, high-traffic periods, or on an as-needed basis. Utilize organization-specific computer programs to check-in guests and confirm validity prior to entering the Spheres
- Support metrics gather to gather insight to overall program needs, this could include but not be limited to keeping counts of various interactions, counting guests in the space, or providing information to guests on survey requests.
- Flexibility to scheduling to meet program needs and special events which can include nights and weekend work.
Needed experience & requirements
- Minimum 1-year customer service in a museum, theme park or high-profile venue preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interconnect with employees and the community.
- Maintains an attitude of flexibility and respect in all relationships with staff and leadership.
- Demonstrates impeccable composure and ability to thrive in ambiguous situations.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume and unusual events.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to speak in person and over the radio using a clear and audible speaking voice.
- Comfortable presenting to large and small groups both conversationally and in a presentation.
- Must understand, interpret and follow Amazon’s policies and procedures.
- Applies critical thinking through connecting ideas, spotting errors and/or inconsistencies, and makes the best decision at hand.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
Working Conditions & Physical demands
- The position requires standing for long periods of time up to the entire length of the shift.
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift items up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- Ability to walk consistently within a 1.5 radius is required. Walking up and down stairs is required when roving the space and assisting customers.
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- Humidity and temperature conditions may vary in order to maximize the plant life in the space. The temperature of the Spheres is maintained between 70 and 75 degrees with an average humidity of level of 60%.
- Must adhere to dress code and be conscientious about personal hygiene.
- The space is inhabited by various plant life; individuals with plant allergies may not be the best fit.
- Sight (with or without corrective lenses) is required.
- Ability to speak to visitors, staff and colleagues for the duration of each shift.
This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
About Northwest Center
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.