Accessibility Partner for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
Northwest Center at Amazon is currently in the process of hiring an Accessibility Partner.
We are seeking a dedicated individual passionate about providing essential support to Amazon employees who are blind or visually impaired. As an Accessibility Partner, you will work collaboratively within a team to help employees overcome challenges and complete tasks currently inaccessible within the corporate work environment.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong technical aptitude and exceptional administrative skills. Additionally, we highly value your commitment to ongoing education in the realm of disability allyship, as this will be integral to fostering an equitable workplace. Whether you're working in-person or virtually, your role will be instrumental in making the workplace more equitable and inclusive.
Location: Seattle Area (South Lake Union, Sodo, Queen Anne, Bellevue, Redmond)
Starting Hour Rate: $28.34 per hour | Full Range - $28.34 - 33.70 per hour
Schedule: Full-time Monday - Friday from 7:30 am-6 pm
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP), including six free therapy sessions per year
- Opportunity to become a mentor through NWC’s Mentorship Match program
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program - $25 per month
- Student Loan Contribution Program - $50 per month
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
** Please submit your resume with your applications. Cover letters preferred **
- Working one-on-one to provide sighted guidance for clients with daily work tasks
- Clearly and professionally communicating visual cues from in-person interactions and rendering visual descriptions to the employee as appropriate
- Creating and reformatting all documents into an accessible format as needed
- Maintaining and supporting an electronic document filing system
- Supporting in daily key tasks such as taking notes, administrative tasks that may be inaccessible, building visual images or graphics, and presentations in-person or virtual
- Proactively working to anticipate and address barriers and reprioritizing tasks based on the needs of the employee
- Providing on-campus sighted guidance support in Amazon buildings and other locations as needed.
- Navigating clients through physical spaces, conference rooms, street corners, and working with guidance dogs or assistive technologies
- Growing your knowledge of support practices and skills on digital and physical accessibility tools through participation in self-research, learning different strategies, workshops, professional meetings, networking, and reading of current literature in the field of accessibility
- Associate degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years experience as an assistant or other relevant administrative support experience
- Experience working with people who are visually impaired or blind preferred
- Tech-savvy with an In-depth understanding of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word
- Professional level verbal English and highly effective written communication skills
- Although not required, we encourage candidates to highlight any experience related to administrative/executive assistance, experience with accessibility tools and software, and/or knowledge of programming languages
- Able to work in a fast-paced corporate environment while maintaining a high level of customer service support
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends as needed
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to walk consistently within a 1.5 radius is required
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses)
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device)
- This is a dog-friendly environment with over 1,000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit. This role requires flexibility in scheduling and hours per week with the understanding that every reasonable accommodation is made to support the customer.
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected]
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.