Speech Language Pathologist - Early Intervention
Are you passionate about empowering caregivers in promoting their child’s development in the community from the start? Are you looking for a rewarding career working with an innovative and supportive team while also maintaining a healthy work life balance? We have an interesting business model that gives us latitude for innovation, cross training, a variety of specialist programs and career development Join Northwest Center’s Early Intervention Team!
What we can offer:
- Salaried position including documentation time with generous Paid Time Off
- Full time and Part Time schedules considered
- Health and wellness benefits including elective medical, dental, and vision or HSA, and subsidized gym membership and Employee Assistance Program
- Paid professional development and continuing education
- Reflective Supervision
- Highly skilled, well-established collaborative team
- The opportunity to lead programs, get involved in research, participate on specialty teams and innovative projects
- Mileage and Department of Health License Reimbursement
- 401K with company match and Life Insurance
About the Role:
We are seeking a Speech Language Pathologist to join our Northwest Center Early Intervention Team. We are a highly skilled, dedicated, collaborative and innovative multidisciplinary team serving a diverse caseload of children aged birth to three. This position provides evaluative, therapeutic and consultative services to children who have delays or disorders in language, cognitive, social, emotional, and speech abilities.
We serve children in their homes, childcare locations, and community settings and use a strength based coaching model to build family capacity through information sharing, modeling and reflection. We support professional development, financially and with time, and are committed to our staff to reaching their full potential. Our eight specialty early intervention programs have been developed by dedicated staff being supported to innovate based on family/child needs. Examples of these programs are our autism team, feeding team, hospital-to-home transition team, CHERISH replication team, infant mental health team and parent programming.
You’ll work alongside a team of people with decades of experience and have opportunities to pursue your special interests, share your knowledge, and receive reflective supervision. A successful candidate is passionate about the whole child and works cooperatively with staff, families, and community partners.
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Licensed in the State of Washington
- One year experience working in pediatrics or training that includes a pediatric affiliation. Early intervention or working a caseload including clients birth to three experiences is preferred in addition to an understanding of family involvement in therapy
- Must provide own car and insurance
- Must have or obtain current CPR and First Aid certifications
- WA driver’s license is required
- Feeding experience welcomed
Who we are:
Northwest Center was founded in 1965 by parents who refused to institutionalize their children with developmental disabilities or accept the prevailing notion that their children couldn't be taught. Our founders authored and won approval of civil rights legislation that opened the doors of Washington State schools to children with disabilities. Banding together to form Northwest Center, they hired their own teachers to develop education programs targeted to special needs children. From birth through retirement, Northwest Center serves people with disabilities in a multitude of ways.
We are a leader in advancing equal opportunities for children and adults with developmental disabilities. Our services for children provide early intervention, inclusive early childhood education, and after school programs. We work with children of all abilities!
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.