Northwest Center is looking for our next Grounds Supervisor in Everett
We are Integrated Facilities Services (IFS), a world-class janitorial and building services operation and part of Northwest Center, a nonprofit dedicated to advocating for people with disabilities, advancing equal opportunities in education and employment.
We are seeking our next Grounds Supervisor in Everett. This is a full-time role that offers flexibility, competitive pay and benefits, opportunities to advance, and a $1,000 signing bonus. The Grounds Supervisor will work with our landscaping maintenance crews, providing training, ensuring a high-level of contract compliance, and working to grow our grounds business.
If you want to join a great team and an organization working to create a more inclusive community and world this could be the job for you.
LOCATION: Everett, WA
WAGE: $26.50 + $4.23 H&W
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP), including six free therapy sessions per year
- Health &Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Supervising IFS crews at customer sites to ensure contract compliance and customer service
- Training crew members on safety protocols, blood-borne pathogens information, and OSHA and WISHA regulations
- Collecting data to include daily work logs, time sheets, and maintenance logs
- Conducting monthly safety inspections of all IFS supplies and equipment
- Performing grounds maintenance functions, including chemical applications, irrigation system start-up, weatherization, tree trimming, and other specialized tasks as needed
- Maintaining costs at or below budget
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with customer service representatives
- Growing IFS's grounds business by soliciting new clients and bidding for new work
- Experience of commercial grounds maintenance operations
- Supervisory experience (2+ years preferred)
- Experience working with commercial irrigation systems
- The ability to perform light maintenance on landscaping equipment
- Must have or be willing to obtain a pesticide applicators license within first 6 months of employment
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills required
- The ability to lift up to 75lbs
- The ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Acceptable 5-year driving record
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccine
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.