Amazon - Signage Installer for Northwest Center Services
A key customer and corporate partner of Northwest Center, the Amazon partnership started in 2003. This position provides an onsite installer for signage throughout the Amazon campus at south lake union and surrounding area. The ideal candidate will have experience in installation and/or attention to detail and an eye for quality and aesthetics. Working in conjunction with a second team member when appropriate, this position would receive direction from the Amazon grounds, real estate and facilities team in where signage is placed and be expected to work independently. New construction installation would be completed between the hours of 8am and 5pm.
Location: Seattle, Bellevue and Redmond
Schedule: Monday through Friday between 8am - 5PM (40 hours a week, Full-Time role, may require some nights and weekend shifts)
Wage: $20.00 per hour + Excellent Benefits (see below and check out our website for further information!)
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Gym & Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
** Please submit a resume your application **
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to install vinyl, adhesive, and mechanically fastened interior architectural signage.
- Ability to prioritize work schedule, being constantly aware of project due dates.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interact with vendor partners to coordinate material deliveries.
- Ability to read and respond to project requests daily.
- Assist with site surveys and keep detailed notes of graphic and/or site dimensions.
- Maintain a neat, clean and organized job site during installation.
- Organize, clean, and maintain essential installation tools.
- Maintain a daily work log of activities performed.
- Monitor quality of projects. Attention to detail is a must.
- Perform all duties in a manner consistent with the spirit of teamwork.
- Perform all additional tasks as required by management.
- Required physical ability to lift 50lbs+.
- Must maintain a high level of product quality and craftsmanship on schedule.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk easily between all buildings on campus.
- Intermediate English literacy and reading level
- Ability to work at various locations (including some offsite locations) Monday through Friday, including occasional after hours requests and weekends.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with leadership, co-workers, and visitors.
- Ability to understand, interpret and follow Northwest Center (NWC) and Amazon Policies and Procedures.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- High School diploma or GED; an accredited apprenticeship for graphics installation would be ideal or 1-3 years relevant experience.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for 2 to 4 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Sight with or without corrective lenses is required.
- Ability to distinguish and identify colors is required.
- Amazon is a dog friendly environment with over 1,000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
Who We Are:
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s Mission: Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.