Northwest Center is looking for an Employment Consultant to join our team!
Are you a passionate, self-motivated, innovative, investigative, team-oriented person with a history in sales and/or social services, or do you simply get excited with the idea of helping others? If so, Northwest Center’s Employment Services team is the place for you! This unique industry allows you to hone in on your community, create local opportunities with large and small businesses alike, and support people with disabilities to attain or maintain employment.
Schedule: Full-time, Monday - Friday
Wage: $21 - $25.75 per hour + Mileage Reimbursement for miles driven for work.
Location: South side of King County (Renton, Seatac, Kent, Federal Way, Tukwila)
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Contribution Program
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com
Basic Expectations of your role:
- Providing one-on-one career coaching and retention services for adults with disabilities
- Empowering people with disabilities to reach their full potential
- Building skills and confidence of clients to find employment through resume creation, interview preparation, on-site job training, benefits planning, person-centered planning, assessments services, etc.
- Engaging with community partners to connect clients with support services
- Building relationships with local companies to create job opportunities
- Plus a multitude of other industry-specific support services
- 1 + years of experience working in a disability-focused human services field with hands-on experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Valid Driver's license and personal mode of transportation
- A flexible schedule to support clients when they work which may include occasional weekends and holidays
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.