Do you enjoy coaching and mentoring children? Are you patient and dedicated to helping your students achieve success?
Northwest Center Kids' mission is to provide an inclusive environment where all families receive individual programs of education, advocacy, therapy, and family support that nurtures the development of children with and without disabilities. Be a part of the team that is leading the education inclusion revolution!
As a Lead Teacher, you will work as part of a dynamic team, with support from a Co-Lead Teacher and Assistant Teachers. You will be developing and implementing positive, nurturing, and stimulating programs suited to children's individual developmental needs and maintaining supportive relationships with families. You will provide support to children ages birth to five years old. Strong candidates will be patient and professional, with a child-centered philosophy of how children learn and grow.
Watch a video to learn more about our inclusive Early Learning Team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYTxgf2nhqQ
Location: Downtown Seattle, WA
Schedule: Monday - Friday, an 8-hour shift between 7 AM and 6 PM
Wage: $21.00 - $32.36 per hour DOE + $750 hiring bonus!
*$250 to be paid out after 30 days of employment, and $500 to be paid out after 90 days of employment*
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- 17 Accrued Paid Time Off Days Annually
- 20 paid holidays + 1 day of floating holiday; 2 floating holiday days annually after one year
- Parental Leave and Paid Compassion Leave
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP), including six free therapy sessions per year
- Company-Provided Orca Card
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program - $25 per month
- Student Loan Contribution Program - $50 per month
- Eligible to receive scholarships for a Bachelor's in Early Childhood Education
- Monthly reflective practice with a licensed therapist
- Tuition discount after one year at our NWC Early Learning Schools
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
- Planning developmentally appropriate activities
- Child assessment
- Classroom management
- Collaboration with other teachers, therapists, and other professionals
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education with two (2) year’s experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with emphasis on Early Childhood Education or related field
- Must be a team player and love all children.
- Some experience with children of all abilities is preferred but not required
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.