Amazon - Call Center Representative (Hybrid Schedule) for Northwest Center Services
This position is responsible for handling incoming calls and is the first contact customers have with the Amazon.com corporate resource line by phone.
We act as a liaison by providing callers with the information and resources they need, while providing a memorable customer centric experience and are required to maintain confidentiality of Amazons internal and external customer data.
We are a team that is focused in building a culture that celebrates our differences and diversity. Creating a safe space for growth and development. Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well, growing professionally
We take care of you, so you can focus on delivering 5-star customer service and supporting the NWC Mission.
Hours of Operation: 7:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday. (Hybrid after 90 days & Manager approval)
Wage: Starting Wage: $21.80 per hour | Full Wage Range: $21.80 - $25.95 per hour
Job Location: Seattle (South Lake Union)
What we can offer:
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- 17 Accrued Paid Time Off Days Annually
- Additional 11 Annual Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, and Paid Compassion
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program - $25 per month
- Student Loan Contribution Program - $50 per month
- Northwest Center is proud to offer its staff an income Protection Benefit to those potentially affected by COVID-19
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Answer between 100-200 incoming telephone calls daily.
- Proven excellent customer service, communication, verbal and written skills with an emphasis on organization and attention to detail required.
- Must excel in a team-based environment with a positive attitude; be comfortable with ambiguity and have the ability to be flexible.
- Respond to inquiries by gaining clarifying information, determining the caller’s need and providing the customer with the appropriate resource or transferring caller to the necessary employee or department.
- Keep detailed record of call metrics according to standard operating procedure.
- Maintain and audit call center equipment to include: phones, headsets, computers, and logs regularly. Immediately report any issues or discrepancies to Supervisor.
- Uphold team’s qualitative and quantitative standards.
- Maintain communication with Supervisor, keeping them informed of significant issues and/or call escalations.
- Create workplace tickets for any facility issues brought to NWC’s attention.
NEEDED EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Some College preferred (but not required).
- Minimum 1-year Customer Service experience.
- 1-2+ years call center experience required.
- Successful candidates will possess a strong commitment to customer service.
- Ability to talk on the phone using a clear and audible speaking voice.
- Strong conflict resolution, critical thinking, de-escalation and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interrelate with the community, management and employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally with the community, management, vendor partners and employees.
- Ability to write concise correspondence with all levels of management, vendor partners and employees.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to type 40 WPM.
- Proficiency with Windows, Excel and Outlook e-mail.
- Knowledge of how to handle calls that are emergent in nature; proven computer skills (accessing and navigation of websites with the ability to copy and paste information and basic keyboarding),
- Experience with multi-line phone systems.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 10lbs.
- Ability to communicate verbally for majority of day.
- Amazon is a dog friendly campus; any allergies may impede performance.
- About Northwest Center
- When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
- As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
- Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity
- Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
- At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
- We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.