Move Ambassador Program Manager for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
NORTHWEST CENTER IS HIRING!!
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center (NWC) is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
Under the direction of the Director, the Move Ambassador Program Manager will have direct oversight of the staff supporting office moves throughout the Amazon campus. The Manager will ensure high quality service levels for the program and will foster positive working relationships with key internal stakeholders and vendor partners to promote collaboration and alignment of goals and objectives. They will be responsible for leading by example, developing a collaborative environment to succeed and proactively evaluate the move process to identify operational challenges and implement solutions with various vendor and client partners.
LOCATION: SEATTLE, WA (SOUTH LAKE UNION) / SODO/ QUEEN ANNE / REDMOND / Bellevue
SCHEDULE: FULL TIME - Monday - Friday (with occasional weekend work as business needs arise)
SALARY: $84,000 (DOE) + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
**FOR CONSIDERATION INCLUDE A RESUME AND COVER LETTER WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS**
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide management, day to day direction, and leadership to the entire Move Ambassador team.
- Drive a complex program across multiple stakeholders.
- Identify potential challenges and opportunities within the programs. Understand the root cause of issues and associated impacts to the program and the customer served. Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to implement timely solutions.
- Lead and implement change initiatives related to business process and technologies.
- Facilitate change management activities with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to understand and ensure adoption of new roll outs.
- Define and closely monitor day-to-day service levels and overall KPIs, including qualitative measures.
- Design reports, support dashboards, and analyze data to track activity.
- Perform trend analysis, continuously evaluate areas of opportunity and create process improvement roadmaps as needed.
- Maintain and cultivate client relationships.
- Ensure up to date training documents, and resources are available for all staff.
- Plan, facilitate and manage all new hire training classes for staff of the Move Ambassador program granting associated permissions to new hires.
- Develop ongoing reoccurring training for staff and supervisor.
- Responsible for employee development through the development of individualized goals and the creation of training plans to ensure that employees achieve established goals
- Responsible for staff performance ensuring that all procedures, processes and policies are understood and followed. Following up with corrective employee conversations as necessary related to employee performance, including additional leadership as necessary.
- Own the interviewing, hiring, and termination process and discussions partnering with Human Resources as necessary
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages retention and talent
- Work collaboratively across the organization with different job levels and departments
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution
- Act as liaison between Northwest Center, Amazon, and other vendors ensuring continuity, and ongoing improvement/development of relationships with various Amazon Teams providing an enhanced Amazon brand experience.
- Provide elevated customer support for Amazon employees and vendor partners.
- Partner with supervisor to handle escalated situations during the move process.
- Support the design, development, delivery, and management of communications.
NEEDED EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience with project or program management, consulting, or organizational planning.
- Minimum of 4+ years people management experience with proven experience in office move management.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office
- Commitment to Northwest Center’s mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively motivate others. Lead change and innovation.
- Manages confidentiality without exception.
- Maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
- Detailed oriented & thorough, with ability to see the “big picture”.
- Passion to foster an inclusive and diverse culture through initiatives, training & education, communications, and implementing optimizations based on high-level goals.
- Responds calmly and professionally to emergencies, angry customers, or other stressful situations in the workplace.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good judgment in areas of responsibility. Identifies or assists in identifying alternative solutions to problems or situations.
- Regularly seeks new and improved methodologies for enhancing the effectiveness of organization. Employs imagination and creativity in the application of duties and responsibilities. Is not averse to change.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to walk consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Variable working hours, with availability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including arriving early, staying late on a moment’s notice, and occasional evening and weekend shifts.
- Ability to read, write, communicate and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
If you need any assistance with the application process, please send us an email at [email protected] and include the title of the role in the subject line.
At Northwest Center, we value and accept diversity and inclusion. We promote this by encouraging our employees to participate and contribute to our various employee resource groups. Some examples of the groups include Black Affinity Group (BAG), PRISM (LGBTQIA+ Group) and our Equity Committee. These resource groups promote diversity and inclusion, provide resources to employees, and play an important role in creating a community at Northwest Center! Our culture is encouraging, promotes growth and believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veteran’s status.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.