Assistant Teacher - Downtown Seattle
Northwest Center is now hiring for a FULL-TIME Assistant Teacher for our Downtown Seattle School!
Northwest Center Kids provides early learning programs for children with and without disabilities in the same classroom, recognizing each child as a unique individual. We're a place where kids of all abilities can reach their full potential together.
Location: Downtown Seattle
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday - Friday, 8-hour shift, between the hours of 7:00 AM- 6:00 PM
Wage: $18.50 per hour + $750 hiring bonus!
*$250 to be paid out after 30 days of employment, and $500 to be paid out after 90 days of employment*
As an Assistant Teacher, you will work as part of a dynamic team, supporting Lead Teachers in developing and implementing positive, nurturing, and stimulating activities suited for the children's developmental needs. At NWC Early Learning centers, we value work-life balance and have assigned schedules to ensure smooth transitions. We serve children from birth through five years old and offer lower teacher-to-child classroom ratios. We have a business model that gives us latitude for innovation and career development. Join our Early Learning Team today!
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Gym & Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Company Provided Orca Card
- Paid professional development and continuing education
- Eligible for a tuition discount after one year at our NWC Early Learning Schools
- High School diploma
- Candidates with one year or more of Early Childhood Education experience will be given preference
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected]
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.